~ 3. 01 ~

The moment we wanted to take another step the door busted down

The moment we wanted to take another step the door busted down. Shocked we turn around only to see an enormous monster looking at us.

"Protein," It growled out in a low voice.

My eyes went to the fallen door seeing Hyun-su underneath it unconscious.

"Protein!" It screams louder trying to get to us.

It began to try to fit throw the doorway, but it was way too big, but that didn't stop it. Slowly the doorway began to crumble down while slamming his body against it.

"Hyun-su!" I grabbed his hand trying to get him from underneath the heavy door.

Soon the kids started to help me, but it was no use. With a loud bang, the last bit of what was keeping it away from us came down. Instinctively I put my hands in front of the kids guiding them backward away from the danger in front of us. I wince when I see it step on the door where Hyun-su was lying underneath. I swear I could hear some of his bones crack.

At this point, I was sure that he was dead and that we were going to soon follow.

"Protein!"

The kids were hanging onto me for their lives while crying loudly.

It was about to grab us when something was holding it back. My eyes traveled down to its feet and saw Hyun-su alive and well! He was holding the monster back by grabbing his leg. I don't know how he did it or where he was getting the strength to do so. The other thing was that he had a big smile on his face together with completely black eyes.

"Run!"

I was shocked for a second too scared to move, but I quickly gathered myself together when I heard Hyun-su's voice again.

"Hurry!" I began to push the kids upstairs trying to get as far away from the monster as possible.

"Go! Go! Go!" I mutter letting them go first so that I can keep the monster away if it comes after us.

We finally came to the fourteenth floor which made me let out a sigh of relief. There are only a few steps left until we reach Mr. Han's place.

"Noona, is he not coming back?" Yeong-su asked from in front of me.

What can I say?

Is Hyun-su alive or did the monster eventually kill him after all? All these injuries he obtained are far from being treatable. Then there were his eyes. They were just the same as the girl in my dream.

"Is he dead?" He continues before stopping to look at me.

His cheeks were still stained with the tears he had let out a few minutes ago mixing with the new ones that were rolling down the steps.

How can I say this?

"I don't know," I mutter looking at the ground.

A sob left his lips which made me look up.