~ 4. 03 ~

The hallway was silent when I walked into it

The hallway was silent when I walked into it. My eyes went to the gate and saw that they barricaded it with whatever they could find. Eun-hyuk was right. It's not safe here with the gate like this. If a monster like that big one who attacked us upstairs wants to come in here it could without trouble.

I walked further down the hall trying to find someone, but it seemed like everyone had vanished from in thin air. I walked around a corner finally seeing someone. He was mumbling to himself, but I couldn't hear what he said. My steps came to a stop when I could finally see the guy's face. It looked like someone had beaten him badly.

"Ah, Mi-na. I was afraid you wouldn't make it."

My stomach turned hearing his voice. I hadn't recognized him because of the beatings, but his voice was something I hadn't forgotten.

"Mister Choi, I hadn't recognized you."

He came closer, laughing darkly.

"How many times have I told you to just call me Yoon-jae."

Every chance he gets. I always try to avoid him, but he just gives me a nasty feeling. Like everything in my body is telling me to run away from him as fast as possible.

"I'm sorry," I mutter doing a quick bow.

His eyes looked me up and down for a second before smiling at me.

"Where are you going?" I shrug my shoulders not wanting to tell this guy anything about me.

"Uhm I'm just looking around. So I'll leave you alone, bye."

With quick steps, I began to walk past him but stopped when a rough hand grabbed my wrist.

"What the...!?" I mutter looking up from it to see him smiling at me.

"Need some company?" I shook my head trying to pull out of his grip, but it only tightened.

"I'm good. Can you let go of me?"

He didn't listen, instead, he took a step closer.

"It isn't safe to walk alone here. There could be a monster lurking behind every corner besides it feels like you're trying to avoid me."

Because I am!

"I will be fine. Now let me go."

He shook his head.

A yelp came out of my mouth when I felt his nails dig into my flesh. A sinister smile came on his face like he was enjoying my pain.

"You have a beautiful scream. It just sounds like the one in my dreams." More pressure was put on my wrist, making me think it could snap any moment now.

"I said let me fucking go!"

With all my strength I kneed him in his groin, which made him let go of me. Before he could recover fully I punched him in the face. A hiss left my mouth when my knuckles made contact with his skin. I didn't think it would hurt that bad.