Chapter 9

Zoey's POV

I woke up slowly, softly. I could feel the gentle, warm pressure of someone's back pressed to mine and I rolled over to see beautiful brown curls and tan skin. At some point Harry had moved me to the bed with him, and he was still out cold next to me. 

I pressed my face into his back and breathed in the scent of his t-shirt, wrapping my arm around him and assuming the big spoon position

I pressed my face into his back and breathed in the scent of his t-shirt, wrapping my arm around him and assuming the big spoon position. I leaned up more and gently rocked him while quietly calling his name into his ear. 

"Haz, what time do you need to wake up?" I asked

"8." He mumbled into the pillow, shifting back into my body tightly, causing me to grin.

"Ok, it's only 7, so sleep. I'm going to head to the gym." I whispered, beginning to roll back away from him to rise. He grabbed the hand that I had flung around him held it tightly, letting out a whining noise and holding me to him. "Harrison, I must!" I joked, throwing my leg over his hip now too, shaking him a bit. He released my hand and laughed.

"Fine, let's go to the damn gym." He agreed, in an unbelievably sexy, raspy morning voice. He rolled into a sitting position on the edge of the bed as I lifted myself out of bed and walked around to his side. His hair was everywhere and he looked adorable. I ruffled my hand through his bedhead and slid my feet into my shoes. 

"See you down there in 10!" I cheered, earning me a scowl from the sleepy boy as I headed back to my own room. Damn that morning voice...I had to get away from his bed before the devil on my shoulder took over.

Harry's POV

Harry's POV

Who wakes up on purpose at 7am? Naturally? Her brain was broken. I knew I would be glad to start my day like this though, so I followed along like a puppy and met her at the gym. After a run, some stretching and a push up competition that she destroyed me in, we headed upstairs to each get ready for our days. As she was about to enter her room and turned back to look at me at my own door.

"You buy dinner downstairs tonight? Since I am the superior physical being?" She suggested with a smile. She had paid for the delivery dinner last night so I would have insisted anyways.

"Fine, but just know that it was way too early for push ups and I want a do-over soon." I said angrily and pushed into my room, hearing her laughter behind me as the door closed. I stripped and started the shower, thinking about how ridiculous it was that I knew I would miss her today while we were apart. I attempted to distracted myself with some music as I got ready, only to find myself thinking about songs I could stump her with in our game. It was useless, she had taken up residence in my head. 

Oh well!

Zoey's POV

Zoey's POV

I converted my sexual tension from watching his muscles bulge under his t-shirt while doing push ups into physical strength and did twice as many push ups as I normally could. I had a very serious problem with being starving for this kid, and watching him work out made it much worse.

As I got ready for my day I was in good spirits, I felt better than I had when I left the hospital yesterday. The rest last night had helped my body adjust to the medicine I had received and my port incision spot was a manageable level of pain, even while working out. It certainly didn't feel good but it was ok.

The hospital today was blood work, monitoring, some oral medications and some targeted radiation. The next infusion wouldn't be for a few days, we would be doing those just twice a week. I would be coming in 4 or 5 days a week for different types of treatments, and I was already looking forward to my off days, even still being in the first week. After tomorrow's tests I would have a few days off to have some fun and explore the city if I wanted. 

I got back to the hotel early so I took a nap and then took my time getting ready for tonight's informal dinner date. I wasn't sure why I wanted to look nice, but I decided that I did. Maybe it was because I loved watching Harry when he looked at me. I don't think he realized just how much his eyes told the tale of his thoughts, but sometimes I could swear I saw hunger like I was feeling. 

I brushed on light make up, styled my hair and chose my outfit carefully. I wore nicer jeans and a light pink silk cami with lace details. After checking that the cami covered the new port on the side of my chest, I slipped my feet into shoes and left my room. I slipped a note under Harry's door that said "I'm in Wack lol" and headed downstairs. 

As I stepped out of the elevator I spotted both Paul and May at reception so I walked to the desk, greeting them with a smile. 

"Hey Paul, how's cat Paul?" I asked with a grin. He flushed pink and stumbled over an answer before letting me know that Paul the cat was good, May chuckling in the background and she patted him on the back. We all talked for a few minutes before I decided to head into the bar. "Bye Paul, bye Maybelline!" I called over my shoulder as I walked away, enjoying my growing bank of nick names for May. 

I grabbed a seat at a table in the bar and pulled out my phone, catching up on some family texts and sending some Chicago pics to my mom and sister. Before long I looked up to a very handsome British man taking a seat across from me and settling in with a smile. After a moment of staring, his smile faultered and his eyes became unreadable as they ran over my face, hair and shoulders. 

"Wow, Zoey. You look beautiful today." He breathed out, then smiled again, which his cheeks getting a little pink.

"Thanks, Haz. I slept better last night than I have in months, actually." I smiled back. I felt like I was always just grinning like a fool at this man, but I couldn't help myself. I don't really believe in hiding my happiness. 

"So did I." He whispered, finally breaking eye contact and clearing his throat. "Let's get a drink! What do you want?" He stood to head towards the bar.

"Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand, if they still have it." I answered. He nodded and turned away to walk towards Isla.

I watched the two of them interacting as I tried to ignore the sinful thoughts and feelings my body had in reaction to them together. I sighed and laughed to myself. What even is my life right now?