Chapter 37

Harry's POV

The second I touched her, I felt like I was alive again. Like I had taken my first deep breath in months. My smile was lighter and easier. I had seen Jeff leading her backstage and without thinking about it I just bolted down the stairs and off the stage. I had her in my arms in a mere second and I was whole again. It was less than a minute with her, but as I bounded back onto the stage again afterwards, I was myself again. I was happy and my heart was full and I could still smell her hair around me from our hug. 

I danced and sang and smiled until my cheeks were sore. I ran around the big stage, jumping from side to side. I couldn't see her but I could feel her watching me and I was putting on the show of my life as I worked my way through song after song. I joked with the fans and the band, I laughed easier than I had in ages, and I felt myself releasing all the heartbreak and tension that I had been feeling over the last few months of pain and sadness.

Finally it was time to sing our last new song, Daydreaming. It was an easier, sexier song. I introduced with a shy smile, admitting that it was inspired by a very special time in my life working on the album. I was hoping that Zoey would be blushing backstage when she heard it. I wrote it during our last week together, when all we did was survive the part of the day while we were apart, waiting until we were together again at the hotel finally each evening. We were magnetic, we couldn't stay apart or keep our bodies from each other. As soon as we were back in the same place, we were on each other. 

As I sang I closed my eyes and I was flooded by images of memories, snapshots my mind (or phone) had taken of her. Her back arched and her hair flowing down her back as she rode me. Her eyes closed and mouth open as she moaned. Her in the bathtub, singing me silly, made up songs as I shaved and tried not to cut myself as I laughed. Her pulling my hair as I sank down between her legs. 

My eyes popped back open as I realized where I was and that I needed to stop thinking about those times. I cleared my throat with a laugh before continuing through the song. After finishing that one and doing one last encore, I finally found myself heading back down the stairs and searching for my girl. I spotted Jeff and looked at him with the question "where is she?" on my face. He shrugged and looked around us, before returning to his conversation with a crew member. I quickly made my way through the main backstage areas, people congratulating me and shaking my hand as I went. I tried to keep my interactions brief but friendly, all I could think about was finding my girl. Room after room, no Zoey, so I finally made my way towards my dressing room while trying not to panic. 

I opened the door and pushed inside, closing it again behind me, immediately sitting on the plush velvet couch and reaching for one of the bottles of water on the small table near me. I opened it and starting chugging it as my mind raced. 

"I never said 'love me like you paid me'. I mean I may have implied it but you took some artistic liberties with that one, Haz." She spun around to face me from my make up chair in the corner of the room. I choked on my water, spitting some of it out on myself. After a few coughs and laughs I recovered, turning to her and trying my best to look serious.

"Are you sure you didn't say that? I swear I remembered that." I asked, scrunching my nose as if I were I thinking hard.

"I'm pretty sure. But to be fair, you did give me something to dream about." She says innocently, standing up. She's so beautiful in an all black suit, hair in big waves and lips painted. She slowly walks towards me and I just stare stupidly back at her. Her eyes are drilling into mine and she getting closer and closer to me. I lean back on the couch as she steps in front of me, swinging one leg over my lap and sinking down, straddling me. She puts her hands on my bare chest, sliding them up and over my shoulders and pushing my ridiculous jacket off so I can slide my arms out. As soon as they are out of the jacket they are around her, pulling her closer to me by her hips. Before she can release the gasp I see forming, my hands are on her cheeks and I'm crushing my mouth to hers. 

Zoey's POV

I slid onto his lap, it was comfortable and familiar even after all this time. I placed my hands on his pecs and I felt his heart rate increasing quickly until it was racing. I was acting on instinct, helping him out of his jacket, and then he seemed to take the wheel. Suddenly our laps were crushed together, and then our lips. I moaned into his mouth at the sensation I had been starving for. His full, soft, devastating lips devoured mine and I was filled with life again. His hands worked down the buttons of my jacket, pushing it open to reveal my black bra underneath.

"Fuck, Kermit that's a nice shirt." He joked against my mouth and I laughed. I pulled back for a second, resting my head on his shoulder and sliding my hands down his arms to his own hands, clasping them. We sat in silence, our bodies resting together, our hearts both racing. I was smiling into his skin, biting my lip as I enjoyed the closeness. 

"I can't believe you're here." He finally spoke.

"Of course I am." I murmured.

"I wasn't sure if you'd ever forgive me for-" He started to speak, guilt so clear in his voice. He paused and shook his head before continuing "I didn't know...when I left that morning, I had no idea.." I could hear his emotion taking over and I just shook my head, interrupting his thoughts. We had so much to talk about, but for now I just wanted to enjoy holding him again.

"I know, I know that now." I assured him. I raised my head and looked into his eyes. They were glossy with tears and I saw his jaw clench as he frowned a little.

"I would never have left if I had known about the cancer. I would have fucked off all of this, the music and the band and all of it, to be with you if you needed me to. I hope you know that." He  finished in a whisper. I leaned forward and connected our lips again, trailing my hands back up his arms gently and then cupping his jaw in my palms.

"I don't need that from you, Harry. I do, however," I peppered kisses against his lips between my words, "really desperately need something else from you." He shifted in his seat and the grin came back to his mouth under mine.

"Oh yea? What is that exactly?" He teased against my lips, before I started trailing my kisses down to his jaw and along it until I reached his ear. I nipped it with my teeth before soothing it with my tongue and enjoying the salty taste of his skin, covered with sweat. 

"Your fucking stupid phone number." I whispered to him as I kissed his earlobe again. His head dropped back onto the back of the couch, his chest rumbling with laughter. 

"That's probably a good start." He agreed through his laughter. I raised up on my knees so I was looking down at his smiling face. "Hey Zoey?"

"Yes?" I asked with my own smile easy on my face.

"Can I kiss you whenever I want?" He replied, quietly, asking the same question he did back in our music room paradise. 

"Probably." I laughed, repeating my same answer and then dropping a kiss on his lips.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Thank you to anyone who read my first story! I hope to do a sequel if anyone is interested, please vote and comment and let me know if you'd like one!!