Chapter 22

Zoey's POV

I rolled over in my bed and stretched, arching my back and pointing my toes, yawning loudly as I did. I was smiling but I wasn't awake enough to know why yet. I heard a grunt from under the bundle of covers next to me and my eyes widened. That's rightttt. Harry. No wonder I was smiling. I reached under the blankets until my hand was resting on his warm back, thinking about last night. He made me feel like the most beautiful, sexy woman on the planet. I have never felt as comfortable in my own skin as I did right now. 

Speaking of, I could feel my swimsuit still bunched around my waist under my t-shirt and my chlorine hair was a mess. I needed to take a shower. I slid out from under the covers as quietly as I could and snuck into the bathroom, trying to make sure and let him sleep. As I waited for the water to warm up I stripped and looked at myself in the mirror. During our time together in the pool and back in the room last night I had not even thought about my port, or worried about how he might perceive it. He watched me all night, in different stages of undress and in different positions and it was in his line of sight plenty, but never once did he care. He didn't sneak glances at it or stare or try to avoid it. 

I smiled, shaking my head as memories flooded back of his wild hair and erratic breathing after I had gone down on him. I was so turned on by him. I stepped into the shower and let the hot water run over me. I sighed as I felt my muscles relax and ran my hands over my hair. Today was my birthday, and it had been years since I had felt this good on my birthday. I was going to enjoy every second of this feeling. 

I washed my hair and my body, shaving and exfoliating. I took my time in the bathroom after, moisturizing and drying my hair. When I exited the bathroom finally, wrapped in my towel and trying to be quiet so Harry could continue to sleep, I was surprised to find him propped up against the headboard awake, on his phone. 

"Good Morning, sunshine." I smiled at him as I approached the bed. He looked up at me, giving me an up and down that gave me butterflies in my stomach. He reached his hand out for me and then tugged me into the bed across his body. I laughed and tried to hold my towel in place as much as possible as I settled in next to him, leaning back against the headboard as well, with my legs across his lap.

"Mornin'" He rasped out in an incredibly sexy morning voice that sent a fresh wave of butterflies flapping. "What do you have planned today?"

"I don't. All I know for sure is that I want to watch the sunset somewhere later. It's my birthday tradition." I told him with a shrug, turning to look at him. "You? What's on the agenda?"

"Oh, I have to find an epic place in Chicago to watch a sunset. Otherwise I am free." He answered seriously, then turned to smile at me. "If you want company, that is." He added.

"I'd like nothing more." I replied in a soft voice and smiled back. 

"Ok great. I'm going to shower, then do you want to get coffee or breakfast?" He asked.

"Yes please!" I answered, bouncing my shoulders. He leaned over and kissed one of my bare shoulders and then moved to get up. As he stood from the bed, naked, my jaw dropped a little. He was a perfect specimen, even him just pulling on his swim trunks was incredibly fun to watch. "God damn, son. You are fine as hell." I breathed out, mostly to myself. He chuckled and blushed as he turned back to me, tying his shorts.

"You're not so bad yourself, shorty." He mumbled as he leaned down to kiss me. His British accent made the slang term seem formal and I giggled against his lips. "Thank you for an amazing, mind blowing, insanely fun night." He whispered as he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.