Chapter 7

Zoey's POV

All things considered, today was ok. Mostly paperwork, prescriptions to be filled, and lots of blood taken. Lots of information and plans. I took notes and collected my copies of the informative paperwork. I worked my ass off the keep my head in it and pay attention. I was fighting the stress that wanted to distract me and I was fighting the thoughts of the tender, comforting send off from Harry that also wanted to distract me. In the end, I won though. I felt prepared for what was to come. 

As I walked from the hospital back to the hotel (well, the hospital pharmacy to be specific), I was happy. I had a bag full of drugs, some fun and some not fun, and I was in a great mood. I was ready for a glass of wine and some food. I entered the lobby and sent a big smile and wave to Paul, who was working the front desk, and I saw his blush from across the floor. I took the elevator up to drop off my bag and jacket in my room. I fluffed my hair and swallowed a pill from one of my prescription bottles. Was I using as directed? Negative. Did I care? Also, no. I wanted to feel good and I knew this would do the trick.

I took the elevator back down and walked into Wack. Isla was behind the bar again, talking to an insanely handsome man who was sitting at a stool. 

"Zoey, hi beautiful. I was hoping we would see you tonight. Take a seat, what can I get for you?" She asked me. I sent her a soft smile as I sat one stool down from the handsome man and ordered a glass of sauvignon blanc. As she turned away to pour it, I introduced myself.

"Hi, I'm Zoey." I held out my hand. 

"I know, I've heard a lot about you. I'm Sean, Isla's husband." He smiled and shook my hand, holding it longer than necessary. I looked down at his hand, and then back up to see Isla placing the wine glass in front of me and smiling at our introduction. She was looking back and forth between us with a look in her eyes like a cat hunting it's prey. I took a long drink of my wine and they both laughed. I had a feeling I had fallen right into their trap and I couldn't be happier about it.

 I had a feeling I had fallen right into their trap and I couldn't be happier about it

Isla (Bartender)

Sean (Isla's Husband)

"Well, aren't you two just the most intimidating couple on the planet?" I joked with a wide eyed laugh as I released his hand finally and took another sip. They both laughed. Over the next few hours we shared some food, talked, laughed, flirted an incredible amount and DRANK. My wine glass was never less than half full and the pill I had taken was flowing through my veins. "So Sean, are you here for the karaoke?" I asked with a smirk and he barked out a laugh, shaking his head no and looking me up and down. I wasn't sure  where they intended for this to head, but I had a feeling it was leading somewhere. I smiled and cheers myself internally while sipping my wine, here's to new adventures!

As I threw my head back as I laughed at something Sean said and I felt confident and euphoric. Isla's hand was on mine, tracing circles on my palm while I bit my lip and looked at her. There was no one else in the bar, and no one had come in at any point while we were there. Finally at one point a manager wandered in, placing a hand on Sean's shoulder and greeting him before speaking to Isla.

"You can close up whenever you want, Isla. It's dead tonight."

"Ok, thank you. I will probably close up soon then." She responded, not sounding nearly as drunk as I knew she was. He spoke to Sean for a few moments before wishing us a good night. We waved, watching him leave before turning back around to face each other.

"So are you guys coming back to my room or what?" I asked, brazenly. Sean smiled and Isla nodded slowly, licking her lips. I nodded back and stood up on the wrung of my barstool, leaning over the bar and reaching down to the well. I grabbed a bottle of tequila and turned to Isla. "Put this on my room." I said, reaching for Sean's hand and leading him toward the door as Isla grabbed her purse and flicked off some lights. We waited as she locked the doors and notified the front desk of the closure and then we got in the elevator. 

As soon as the doors slid closed, I had Isla against the wall, pushing my body into hers with my hips as I brought my lips to her throat. I gave a gentle open mouthed kiss, then bathed the area with my tongue before moving over the curve of her neck. "How does this work?" I breathed against her neck as I felt her hands run up my sides and cup my breasts. 

"I don't touch, I watch" Sean nearly groaned from behind me. I nodded and finally brought my mouth up to Isla's, tasting her bottom lip before crushing our lips together. I brought my jean clad thigh in between her legs to apply pressure, and she gasped into my mouth. After a few heated moments I realized I hadn't pressed my floor and the elevator was still sitting on the ground floor waiting. I stepped back with a deep breath and pressed the number 13, giggling at myself. Sean took the opportunity to step into my place and was passionately kissing Isla, one hand behind her head and the other at her hip. I watched, stepping a little closer as I studied how he handled her and what she might like. 

As the elevator doors slid open at floor 13 they broke apart, following me out of the elevator. Isla stepped up to me as I stopped at my door. I used my key to open the door and before I could push it open, she reached a finger out to my lip, and past my teeth. I took her finger into my mouth and swirled my tongue around it, before she slid it back out, down my chin to my chest. She slowly dragged the finger between my breasts and down my stomach, making me involuntarily gasp lightly and look up to meet Sean's heated eyes. Her finger finished by hooking into the waistband of my jeans, walking into my room and pulling me with her. Sean followed behind, closing and locking the door.