Chapter 28

Author's Note: Hi there, just wondering if anyone is actually reading this or wants it to continue? I know very little about this website so I am not sure how to check and see if its being read or if anyone cares lol. Let me know!! 

Thank you =)

Zoey's POV

The rest of our Sunday was spent in bed. It was as if a floodgates opened, and we were dying of dehydration. We were never quenched. I burned for his hands and his mouth and his body. I needed him desperately, even if I had just had him. He seemed to be just as thirsty for me, coming back to me every time I beckoned for him. 

Now I sat back in the hospital, smiling to myself even though I was getting a medication infusion that would make me feel miserable when I was done. It's crazy how much more...handleable it all felt when I knew that I wasn't alone. 

Harry was going to be working more this week, especially with a new deadline coming in the MSG show. I had tried to learn more about his progress with songwriting and in the studio since being here but he seemed not to want to dwell on it. I didn't push, there were many of his questions I wasn't answering either so I had no choice but to accept that. 

On Friday of this week I had a new PET scan scheduled to check on my first 3 weeks progress. As I sat in the infusion center I reviewed some of my latest blood counts and some projections for what was to come, but it all cruised over my head a bit. No one was willing to commit to sharing an opinion with me for my outlook, and I was stuck in my own dread if I overthought it much. I knew that was a slippery slope, so I chose to follow their lead. I did what they asked and I tried to keep living while I waited to see if I would.....keep living, I guess. 

After a long day at the medical center I walked back to the hotel slowly, already feeling my body begin to bow under my own weight. I hated this part. I shuffled back to the hotel, but rather than heading to my room to rest like I knew I should, I wandered down the hallway to the music room, so far in my own head that I didn't notice May wave to me at the desk. I tossed my bag in the corner and grabbed an acoustic guitar, sitting cross legged on the ground. I started strumming casually, needing an outlet for the circling thoughts that I had inside. 

Part of me wanted to embrace this joy and love I was feeling with Harry. I wanted to hang on to him tight and keep sharing my life with him. Part of me wanted to run, to protect him and myself. To avoid the conversation about my cancer and avoid figuring out what was next. Or if anything was next. Part of me was overflowing with desire and affection for him, and part of me was drowning in guilt. Was it fair to let him think we were developing and moving forward together, as a pair? Was he even thinking of me that way? 

My mindless playing turned into an old familiar tune by the pixies and I sang softly as I played. 

Ooh, stopOoh
Ooh
With your feet on the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse
But there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourselfWhere is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Way out in the water
See it swimmingI was swimming in the Caribbean
Animals were hiding behind the rock
Except the little fish
Bump into me, swear he's
Tryin' a talk to me, say wait waitWhere is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Way out in the water
See it swimmingWith your feet on the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head will collapse
If there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourselfWhere is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Way out in the water
See it swimmingOoh
With your feet on the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Ooh
Ooh
Ooh
OohOoh