Chapter 10

Harry's POV

The relief and pleasure that flooded through me as I laid my eyes on Zoey this evening after entering the bar was palpable. She looked well rested, looked bright and glowy, looked energetic and had her twinkle back in her eye, like she had a little secret at all times. She also looked insanely beautiful. I nearly swallowed my tongue. We wore a soft pink lace trimmed top and her hair was pulled back partly. I wanted to sit and watch her talk for hours, and I intended to.

 I wanted to sit and watch her talk for hours, and I intended to

As I approached the bar to order wine and get menus, the bartender turned around and smiled at me, before looking over my shoulder. Her eyes lit up and there was a flush rising to her cheeks. I followed her gaze and saw that it was Zoey she was watching. 

"Um, what can I get for you?" She asked politely, still not looking at me. She finally looked up and after a blank moment she smiled big. "Hey! Oh wow! I'm Isla, my husband and I are fans. It's nice to have you here." She was genuine and calm, I liked her immediately. I thanked her and shook her hand, signing a napkin for her husband Sean as we chit chatted for a few moments. "Anyways, what can I get for you tonight?" she asked again.

"Can I get a glass of Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand?" I ordered. She retrieved the bottle and a glass and poured.

"It's for Zoey, huh? This is her favorite wine." She asked, biting her lip. I nodded yes to her but then took a sip myself, tasting it. It was fucking great. 

"Make that two glasses actually, this is delicious." I reordered. She took a sip from the original glass as well, raising her eyebrows in reaction before pouring another glass.

"This is really good" She chuckles. "I normally hate white wine." I smile and slide her my payment card and asked her to open a tab. She took the card but murmured shyly "Zoey's is on the house. Tell her Isla says hello."

"You're the boss." I respond smiling, slightly confused. I grab the two glasses of wine, two menus from the stack and a few cocktail napkins and head back to the table. After carefully setting everything down at the table and sitting, I pick up my glass and raise it to my mouth as Zoey did the same thing. Before sipping I tell Zoey "Isla wanted me to tell you hello." 

She nearly spits her wine back into her glass mid sip, some dribbling down her chin. I chuckle and hand her my cocktail napkin. Something is definitely up with these two, but I'm not going to push her. 

Over the next few hours we eat dinner, talk about our families and childhoods, and drink an offensive amount of wine. The laughter is flowing nonstop and we are getting tipsier and tipsier. Every time I return to the bar for another round, Isla repeats that Zoey's wine is on the house. This time as I approach the bar for our refills and Isla pours, I can feel Zoey's eyes on my back. I turn to look at her but she is staring at Isla. At Isla's hands to be exact, I believe. Isla seems to catch on too, raising her eyes to make eye contact with Zoey before lifting her pointer and middle fingers to wipe each side of her mouth, making a V with her fingers while licking her bottom lip. I coughed in surprise, noticing the not-so-subtle sexual innuendo in the gesture. I looked back at Zoey to see her blushing and biting her lip, before her eyes turned to me and she covered her face with her hands. I could hear her laughter from here.