Chapter 26

Harry's POV

I held her and she held her sea otter all night. As morning came we shifted, rolled, and fell back asleep over and over. Finally after 4 or 5 times of just letting ourselves fall back to sleep together, Zoey sat up in bed, looked down at her blouse she was still wearing and started laughing. I rubbed my eyes, watching her with a smile on my face. She glanced at the watch she had slept in and gasped.

"Haz, it's noon!" She turned to me with a giant smile on her face, looking shocked and excited. 

"So?" I mumbled from my place under the blankets.

"I've never slept this late in my life! But I've always wanted to." She laughs, scooting off the bed and heading for the bathroom. As I saw the light turn on I heard her laughter start again, I'm assuming when she saw her overnight hair and make up. I smiled to myself, she could be silly as fuck sometimes. I heard the shower start and let my eyes close again as I listened to her humming, which eventually became singing. She was singing the rainbow connection again, which brought me back to our first night in the music room when she kissed me for the first time. 

I don't know how much time passed as I laid there spiraling, thinking about her and everything that had happened in just a few short weeks, and what was coming next. I was usually really good at keeping myself in check and keeping things casual. It came with the territory of my life - I was always on the go, always had something to do next. I was good at keeping myself from digging in to places, people or things too much to keep myself from hurting when I inevitably had to move on to the next thing. 

I had fucked that three ways towards the weekend this time though, I had royally blown that here, with her. I had to admit to myself that I was thoroughly invested in her. I didn't know what it meant for me, I didn't know how she felt about it, and I didn't know if anything was even possible between us in the future. I guess I was left to decide if I needed to pull back now to protect myself or if the potential for heartbreak when this hotel adventure ended was worth it.

As my mind rolled these thoughts around I frowned and chewed on my lip, so deep inside my own head that I didn't notice Zoey had emerged from the bathroom wrapped in a towel until she was standing at the end of the bed looking down at me. 

"What's happening in that beautiful mind of yours?" She asked me softly, causing me to startle a little and look up at her. Her hair was wet, hanging down her back and shoulders. The small, white hotel towel barely contained her, showing off her graceful shoulders that were still covered in water droplets. I realized I didn't have a choice, I was on this ride with her until it ended, wherever that would be. I sat up in the bed and held out a hand to her, which she immediately reached for. I pulled her around the side of the bed until she was close enough for me to rest my forehead against her stomach and wrap my arms around her waist. 

"What do you need to do today?" I asked into the towel. 

"Nothing. Just this." She replied. I nodded my head against her and smiled to myself. I might not have any idea what the future looked like for us, but I was going to enjoy every single second with her that I could while we were here. 

"Excellent, I was hoping you would say that." I said as I pulled back a little and removed my arms from around her, instead reaching for the bottom edge of the towel and giving it a swift yank. She yelped in surprise as the towel was tugged from her body to the ground, leaving her standing nude and damp. I sat back a little with wide eyes, absolutely overwhelmed by her elegant, feminine shape and beautiful body. I was sure I must look like a lovesick fool but I had never seen something so perfect in my life. "Fuck, Kermit. You are a goddess." I sighed out, reaching again for her hand and tugging her into my lap as she giggled.