Chapter 10

Audre: "Hello?"

Mart: "Hi."

Audre: "Hey."

Mart: "How are you?. Ahm, I'm going now to see Shane."

Audre: "I'm okay. Yeah. I know, ahm. I mean, you go get it. . I mean her." (chuckles)

After the last time Mart went to Audre's place, he never went to see her again. From the last time Paolo and Mart talked, Mart tried to stay away for a bit from Audre. . to check on himself and his feelings. But the more days he is away and not seeing her, the more it makes his heart aches and misses her soo much.

It was a weird feeling to Audre that Mart hasn't called nor came to her place. She's a bit worried but is reluctant to bother the boy. Anyhow, who is she for Mart? She doesn't have any right to demand time or attention from him.

Audre: "I hope you are well."

Mart: "I hope you are too."

Audre: "Yeah, I am."

Mart: "I will get going now."

Audre: "Bye."

Audre- Hay. Bakit pa kasi sya tumawag.

Mart- Namimiss na kita.

At the school . . .

Manuel: "Hi Audre."

Audre: (shocked to see Manuel in front of him) "Hi. Ahm, what are you doing here?"

Manuel: "Well, a lady went to see me, and told me that she likes to see her friend smile today."

Audre is speechless and so clueless to what Manuel is saying.

Manuel: "Audre, can I see you tomorrow evening? I wish to have dinner with you."

Audre: "Ahhm, hehe. That is unexpected and sudden. May I ask who's that lady you were saying is?"

Manuel looks far his left and it directs Audre to look that way. Audre sees Ayin waving her hands and smiling big.

Audre: (chuckles) "I see. That's a crazy lady. You shouldn't have listened. (smiles) Hmm, well, won't your girlfriend be mad if we have dinner tomorrow?"

Manuel: "No. because I don't have one."

Audre is shocked to hear this news. And she doesn't know how to react. But she manages to compose herself after analyzing the situation and sighs lightly. She looks at Manuel.

Audre: "Oh. I see. Thanks for the invite. Okay. I will see you tomorrow." (smiles)

Manuel smiles and walks away to return to his class; Audre has her heart racing fast. She walks towards Ayin.

Audre: "Besy! What was that?"

Ayin: "I just got you a date. Masama ba yun?"

Audre: "Nakakagulat ka, Besy. Wala man lang warning?"

Ayin: "Well, if I ask your permission first, I know na hindi ka naman papayag at all. So no. I am your bestfriend, and I must do something with your inaagiw na lovelife, okay?"

Audre remained silent.

Ayin: "And look at you. . .hindi ko alam kung anong nangyayari sa'yo, bakit parang ang lungkot mo."

Audre: "No, ahm madami lang akong activities sa mga subjects ko." (smiles at Ayin, hoping that she convinces her with her smile)

Ayin: "Besy, just give this a chance, okay? Baka naman ito na yung inaantay kong makita kang masaya muli. I know you would say na masaya ka naman, and all, with having us, pero Besy, why not give this a try. This is a plus point, kasi crush mo yun, and now, we have his attention directed at you. Besides, he is single and very hot. Well, if you are wondering how did I pull this . . After I learned the chika na single si Manuel, I just took courage to approach him yesterday. He sure is friendly and nice. (smile) I'm just happy na hindi pa pala nya tayo nakakalimutan bilang former classmates nya sa Gen. Psych subject last year."

Audre: "So, anong sinabi mo kay Manuel? Para i-date ako?"

Ayin: "Sabi ko lang sa kanya if he recalls you. Then he said, oo daw. Tapos sinabi ko lang na single ka at ang ganda ng bestfriend ko, why don't he ask my bestfriend for a date. Then I was surprised that he replied na he will. And then, pumunta na kami dito sa building mo."

Audre: "Oh, besy. I hate it that I can't hate you. I hate it!" (hugs her best friend tight)

Ayin: "Oh, I know you love me way-way-way too much" (laughs and hugs her best friend back)

Audre feels fuzzy. All this happening is so sudden that she begins to get anxious.

Ayin: "Ahh, no, no no, no besy. Don't get panic. I know you. Alam ko yang mukha mong yan."

Audre: "Besy, how to date? Hindi ko na yata alam kung paano." (laughs)

Ayin: (laughs) "Hahaha! Gaga!"

And the two ladies walk back to their building.

Little did the two ladies knew, that someone is watching them.

Mart wanted to see Audre because his heart is longing for her. And as he is making his way to Audre's building, Mart saw what happened – from the moment that man approached Audre, until he left, and that moment Audre walks toward Ayin. And from the looks of it, it seems that – that man has set his eyes to Audre.

Mart wanted to approach Audre but his fears are eating him out. And now, jealousy is building up inside him, but he can't do anything about it.

Mart turns around and walks away. He just missed Audre soo much that it feels like his heart is having a hard time to function well. It aches. It feels hard to breathe.

Later that day –

Ayin and Audre went to the cafeteria to get some snacks. As they were talking, Audre accidentally bumps into someone. As she looks up, she sees Mart.

Audre's heart is beating fast again and it feels weird.

Mart is startled too, seeing Audre – the person he's been aching to see. He smiles at her and never takes his eyes off of her.

Mart: "Hi."