Chapter 29

Audre finally consent to meet Mart. He cheered up upon hearing from Audre that they will talk about them. Audre said that he doesn't have to come to her place. They will meet at the coffee house instead. Mart agrees. Mart will do and agree on anything just to see Audre again. This chance is good enough for him. Audre can't meet Mart at her pad. Her place had a lot of good memories of them together. She fears that when they will be left alone in her place, tremendous possibility of them ending up in sex will be committed.

At the coffee house-

Mart was early and really excited; he went there an hour earlier.

Audre enters; Mart is amazed of that beautiful woman walking towards his table. Just the sight of Audre makes his manhood bulges. However, he noticed that the girl looks sad; she lost few pounds. He began to worry.

He stands up, reaches for the chair and pulls it for Audre. Audre sits down.

Mart beams with a smile, even though worried.

Audre is shy and simply smiles back at him.

Mart: "Thank you for allowing this to happen." (sincerely smiles)

Audre kept silent.

Mart: "Audre, I am really sorry for scaring you. I don't regret what happened to us from the last time. I still ask for your forgiveness, because I feel that it made you scared. Hindi ako nagdahan-dahan. Forgive me. Please know that I just can't forget you and I won't give up on you"

"Audre, about kay Shane, I am sorry na naisip mong ganon, pero kahit kailan, wala kang naging fault don. I'm the one whose wrong because I didn't realize that it would impact you. I should have made things clear. I'm asking forgiveness to you for not clarifying that after the date. Wala talagang namagitan sa amin at natuwa ako na dahil sa date na yun, mas napatunayan ko na ikaw talaga ang gusto ko, at hindi sya."

"I have fallen for you even before that date happened. I am sorry about her birthday party. I should have declined that invitation. I was having a hard time to say no to anyone who asks favor. And on that birthday party, I think nagamit lang ako ni Shane. She and Jace were having some breakup; I really don't care about it, actually.. Shane used me so that Jace would be jealous. Nalaman ko lang ito huli na."

"That time na pumunta ako sa pad mo, two days before the party, feeling ko naiinis ka kasi mag-eescort ako sa party na yun, or baka imagination ko lang ito, I am sorry, baka ang yabang ko na. . . I am just expressing what I felt on that particular time. I am sorry kasi hinayaan ko na mag-escort pa ako, kahit na alam kong hindi ko naman gusto ang gagawin kong yun. Sorry talaga, nag-iipon ako ng courage to confess my love for you, pero sumablay ako. The only thing that gave me strength to confess is – I don't want to end up like another Manuel in your life."

"I hope you give us a chance to figure this out, and eventually to work this out. Masama man o ang yabang ko mang sasabihin, pero naramdaman ko, that you feel something towards me, too. And I will hold on to that. No matter what it takes. . I will just stay here, proving to you always, how much I want to spend my life time, with you. Only you. Mahal kita, Audre."

"If you are scared and doubting, please huwag kang matakot. Kung natatakot ka na baka lokohin kita, hindi ko gagawin yun sa'yo. Ikaw lang ang minahal ko ng ganito. Wala akong ibang babaeng nakita before you. Shane is not even counted. Sana maniwala ka sa akin. I cannot promise you a perfect relationship, I believe that life always entails some hardship and suffering, but I will promise to you that we are worth it. You are worth it. I am worth it. Wala nang iba pang babae para sa akin na mas deserving na mahalin kundi ikaw lang."

"And I will court you. I will make things right. I will do anything, with the right intentions and actions. . If only you could give me a chance. Sana payagan mo akong mahalin ka, samahan ka, dumito lang sa tabi mo, at sa lahat ng pinagdadaanan mo. Please do not shut me off."

Audre looks at Mart and finally starts to say something,

Audre: "I understand what you mean. These past few days that I've been thinking, I realized that after all this time, I still carry that past burden, which I made it to myself. It's not your fault that I am scared. You don't have to say you're sorry. I am the one who needs to process these all. So I can deserve the love you are offering to me."

"Ahm, if you are willing, I would ask you to wait for me. Kung talagang gusto mo ako, at mahihintay mo ako, I won't push you away any more."

Mart reaches for Audre's hands.

Mart: "Thank you for giving me a chance." (smiles)