Chapter 14

Ayin is sleeping over at Paolo's house.

Ayin:"Honey, I'm worrying about Audre."

Paolo: "Me too, honey."

Mart approaches them.

Ayin: "Alam nyo ba guys na crush ni Audre yun. So I don't know. I really don't know kung paano kinakaya ni Audre ito. Kasi feeling ko lang, kung hindi naging jerk itong si Manuel, malamang, sila na ngayon o sila na noon pa. Gusto ni Audre si Manuel noon pa. Pero dahil nag-gf yung g*go, syempre hindi na din pinansin ni Audre. Nag-move on lang si girl. Pero yung naging revalation ngayung gabi. Grabe lang. Ngayon malalaman natin na gusto pala ni Manuel si Audre, dati pa. Hays."

Paolo: "So, anong dapat nating gawin ngayon?"

Ayin: "Hindi ko nga alam eh." (feels sad)

Paolo: "Alangan namang pigilan natin si Manuel sa plano nya. It seems like naka-set na sya sa plans nya at sa kanya din naman nanggaling na hindi nya kayang makipagrelasyon ngayon. It won't make any difference kahit malaman pa ni Manuel na may feelings or nagkaroon ng feelings si Audre sa kanya before."

"I don't think naman na ganoon na ka-deep ang feelings ni Audre. I think nabulabog lang siya. Pero naniniwala ako sa babae na 'yun na kaya nya yan."

Mart: "I feel bad for Audre."

The next day –

(Knocks at the door)

Audre opens her door to see Mart. Audre sneezes and feels under the weather.

Audre: "Come in."

Mart: "Hi."

Audre: "Hi."

Mart: "Are you okay?"

Audre: "No. I am sick." (sneezes)

Mart: "Oh." (touches her neck and forehead)

Audre: "I feel weak." (out balances)

Mart catches Audre.

Mart: "Oh no, sweetheart."

Mart slowly lifts Audre and takes her to her bed.

Audre: "I'm sorry."

Mart: "No. Shhh. It's okay. Kumain ka na ba?"

Audre shakes her head.

Mart: "I have bought some food, I will just prepare for it, wait for me okay? We take drink meds after you eat."

Audre nods and closes eyes.

Mart calls Paolo to update Audre's status; ensures the couple that he will take care of her.

Mart: "Audre, sweetheart, here's your food, get up for a bit, susubuan kita."

Mart tries to wake her gently. Audre opens her eyes a bit, and tries to get up with Mart's help. She forces self to eat the food Mart prepared for her.

Audre: "Thank you."

Mart: "Please be well. I am just here."

Audre: "Oh Mart."

Audre's eyes swell with tears. Mart hugs Audre and wipes the tears that fell down on her cheeks.

Mart I hate it to see her this way.

Even if Audre did not tell all the things to Mart, her tears are showing that the girl is in quite pain.

Mart: (while hugging Audre) "Hey. Baka lalung sumakit ang ulo mo kapag umiyak ka ng umiyak. Sige ka. Gusto mo ba pumangit?"

Audre chuckles and smiles a bit.

Mart: "Nahh. You don't get ugly. Even if you're crying right now and a little sick, you are still beautiful." (sincerely smiles)

While holding her, Mart touches her cheeks and continues to wipe away her tears.

Mart: "Take this. (hands the pill) It would help you sleep and para mawala na yung lagnat mo. Ok? I will just be here, babantayan kita"

Audre takes the pill and swallow, drinks water. She lies down after.

Audre: "I'm cold."

Mart tucks her in.

Audre: "I'm still cold."

Mart: "Alright."

Mart starts to lie beside Audre.

He gently put her head in his arms and pulls Audre onto him.

Mart: "This should do. I got you, sweetheart. I got you."

Mart soothes Audre, gently rubs her back to ease her. Mart kept Audre close to him as she sleeps.
Mart I hope this lessens your worry or pain.

Later that day –

Audre wakes, and sees Mart sleeping soundly beside her, still holding her close to him. She feels better now; thinks that her temperature normalized. He appreciates the boy for his kindess to her. She slowly frees herself from Mart's embrace to get up.

She sits by the chair beside the bed and thinks deep. Physically, she is okay now. The fever is gone, and she's just having a little runny-nose. She recalls what happened last night. She examines herself about all the things Manuel said to him. She may be a little hurt, but she realizes and accepts the thought that she and Manuel are not meant for each other, that is why.

Audre "I should be okay. I am still me. I can do this." (smiles to herself)

Little did Audre know, Mart is already awake, and is gazing at her when she smile.