Chapter 21

Paolo: "GOOD MORNING, LOVEBIRDS!"

Paolo, who was the first one to wake up, sees that Mart and Audre are sleeping still; he tries to capture a picture of the two together sleeping close with each other.

With Paolo's early shout, the two woke up and suddenly realized that they are in each other's arms.

Audre suddenly arise, feels her cheeks are burning. Mart is also startled, and a bit shy.

Paolo: "I just have the great idea. I will get my Ayin back. Hahahahaha!"(laughs)
After saying this, he left the room.

Audre: "What was that?"

Mart: "Good morning, hehe. Atleast, Okay sya?"

Both stares at each other and chuckles.

Audre: "I just hope that he's not going crazy."

At the kitchen, Audre starts to cook breakfast for them. Paolo jogs outside. He still doesn't tell the two about the plan he just mentioned earlier.

Mart walks to the kitchen, he likes to help Audre.

Audre: "I'm sorry about last night."

Mart suddenly feels embarrassed, worrying if Audre caught him holding her.

Audre: "I didn't know that I sleep like that – nangyayakap." (smiles, feels awkward)

Mart: (feels relieved) "It's okay, it's fine with me. For as long kami ang katabi mo sa pagtulog, okay lang. (implying as friends) I hope you got a good sleep last night?" (trying to change a bit the topic, for Audre to forget what happened last night)

Audre: "Oh, yes. I did." (smiles)

Mart: "You must have been tired from yesterday, too." (smiles too)

Audre: "I was." (smiles at Mart)

Paolo: "Hey, lovebirds." (teasing and smiling)

Mart looks at Paolo to dismiss that teasing, so Audre won't feel awkward.

Paolo gets that look, and starts talking.

Paolo: "I know I am still a jerk for going here instead of fixing me and Ayin. Today, as I wake up, I know that I love her. And it is only her that I want in my life. That's why I decided to make a plan, and to get her back to me, I decide that na magpo-propose na ako sa kanya" (smiles, hopes that his friends would support his plan)

Audre: "Awww, that's soo sweet! I'm soo happy for you!" (moves toward Paolo to hug him)

Mart: "Man! It's time na din. Happy to support you all the way, bro." (high fives Paolo)

Paolo: "Thank you, bespren and pinsan for getting here, and for your love, care and support sa akin. Hindi nyo ako pinabayaan. I really need more help to plan this. Pwede nyo ba akong tulungang magplano?" (smiles)

Audre and Mart agrees to plan with Paolo.

They start planning as they eat breakfast. Audre is seen most happy in this planning stage.

Lunch came; they are still talking and planning. They have their lunch food delivered, so as to not be distracted.

Later that after noon, they are all set to go back to the Metro.

As they leave the rest house, Paolo informs the two that he will go ahead so he can go straight to Ayin and do his best to win the girl back.

Mart and Audre went out after Paolo left.

Audre: "I am happy that our travel here paid off."

Mart: "Ako din. At masaya ako na okay na si Paolo. I mean, hindi sya sumuko."

Audre: "I just hope this plan would go well. I just really hope; it's not too late."

Mart: "Wala ka pa rin ba balita kay Ayin?"

Audre: "Wala pa din, hindi sya nagreply sa mga messages ko. The last time we talked, ayaw na nya. Hindi ko naman sya mapilit, alam mo yun? Baka lalung maging worse kung ipipilit ko. Pero sinabi ko sa kanyang pag-isipan nyang mabuti ang lahat at huwag magpadalos-dalos sa pag-decide. Hindi ko rin masabi kay Paolo ito, kasi baka mapanghinaan sya ng loob at wala na talaga syang gawing effort."

Mart: "Umaasa akong makikinig naman sa'yo si Ayin. Naiintindihan kita kung hindi mo ito nabanggit kay Pao."

Audre: "Sana nga makinig sa akin si Ayin. Hay! Hindi ko na alam ang mararamdaman ko, kung mae-excite ba ako sa plano ni Pao pero nag-aalala naman ako sa kanila dalawa." (confused)

Mart: "It would be alright, I tell you, beautiful. Smile ka na po." (smiling and winking)

Audre blushes and looks at Mart while he drives.

The two stop over at a restaurant for dinner.

Mart feels elated for having Audre all for himself since yesterday – her presence, her attention, even though they are tending to her best friend/his cousin. The two grow closer to each other, as they know each other deeper. Mart doesn't feel shy to Audre anymore. They just have the time all for them two.

Later that night, as they reached Audre's door –

Audre: "Thanks for everything, Mart. You helped me since Friday. I really appreciate you." (kisses Mart to his left cheek)

Mart feels surprised for the unexpected kiss, suddenly blushes, but manages to smile.

Mart: "Thank you for your trust that I can help you with this. Please know that I am always here for you."

Audre: "Good night." (smiles)

Mart: "Good night, Audre. I'll see you soon again." (smiles)

Audre gleefully nods and closes her door.