Chapter 25

Mart – Hindi ko talaga alam kung anong nangyayari sa'yo. Pero sana wag ka na maging masungit sa akin. Ang cute mo pa din, lalu lang akong nai-inlove sa'yo kahit masungit ka today.

Mart: "Where are we going?"

Audre: (still not smiling) "To the mall. Here are my keys, you drive." (threw her keys to Mart)

Mart silently follows Audre. Silence is all over the place during their night travel to the mall. As they reached the mall, Audre is able to show Mart his options for his tailoring needs.

Audre: "So, what do you think?"

Mart: "I don't know."

Audre: "You have to decide, alin sa mga napuntahan natin ang nagustuhan mo at sa tingin mo makakagawa ng maayus na suit para sa iyo. Remember two days from now is the party. We have to find a shop that can give you a suit na ganon kabilis." (still serious but is concerned anyway)

Mart: "Okay, hmm, how about that first shop na pinuntahan natin?"

Audre: "Seems fair. Let's go back there."

Mart follows Audre again. At the shop, Mart is able to get his body measure for his suit. Fortunately, the shop has an available suit fitted for Mart, and the tailor suggests for Mart to try it on.

Mart tries on it; gets out of the fitting room, walks towards Audre and he keeps looking at her facial reaction. Audre is in awe of how handsome Mart is right now on that suit.

Mart: "What do you think?" (referring to Audre)

Gay-tailor: "It is perfect!" (giggles and claps, walks toward Mart and touches Mart's chest)

Audre saw that, and Mart felt it and needs rescue. He looks at Audre, his eyes are asking for help. Audre understands that look, and takes action.

Audre: "Hey, Love. (rises from the chair, walks toward Mart) I don't think this suit looks good on you, (touches Mart's chest, shooing the hand of the tailor) maybe let's try the other shop, hmm?" (smiles seductively at Mart, keeps Mart close to her, to send signal to the gay-tailor that this man is already taken)

The tailor keeps distance and looks away.

Mart: "You sure, Love?" (gladfully receives Audre's arms, puts his hand around her waist, keeps her close to him, kisses her forehead, feels giddy and happy inside, he missed this girl so much)

Audre: "Ahmm, on the second thought, (pulls away) we really need you to get a suit kasi two days na lang, then yung event na." (looks serious at Mart, concerned)

Tailor: "I can give discount for the suit, if you will take it." (feels awkward and wanting to apologize for the earlier gesture)

Audre: "Alright, let's take that."

Mart buys the suit. As they exit the shop, Audre walks faster than Mart at the mall, slightly leaving him behind.

Mart runs after, catches her hand and holds Audre.

Mart: "Don't walk fast, hey. You might trip again."

Audre stopped walking, and blushed when Mart took her hand.

Mart: "Keep calm, Audre. I am here." (smiles at her, not letting go of Audre's hand)

Audre did not withdraw her hand, and walk beside him.
- My heart, please stop racing.

They walked together across the mall, towards the parking lot.

Mart
- Don't walk away from me like that again, Love

Back at Audre's pad –

Mart: "Thank you sa pagtulong mo sa akin. And I am sorry kasi naabala kita today." (sincerely looking at Audre, still worrying)

Audre is not saying anything, looks away from Mart, spacing out.

Mart grabs her and pulls her into him for an embrace. Audre's heart is beating fast, but at the same time, making her calm.

She closes her eyes, puts her arms around him - responding to his embrace.