Chapter 12

Mart looks at their koi pond while chugging in his beer. Paolo approaches.

Paolo: "Hey, bro."

Mart: (hands one can of beer) "Inom tayo, bro."

Paolo: (takes the can and opens it) "Badtrip ka?"

Mart: (chuckles) "Medyo lang, bro."

Paolo: "Open up."

Mart: "Well, I took your advice. I went to our date ni Shane. She was nice and kind. As we go along, I found out that she's dating another guy, way before me, so that means, they're dating. Respect I gave her. But it's not the reason why I'm pissed. That moment, I realized, my heart longs for Audre talaga. She's all I have been thinking that night and I mean, always. It made me realized more na si Audre ang gusto kong i-pursue talaga. So, gumaan ang pakiramdam ko... Today, I mustered all the courage I have to approach Audre sana at the school. But then, I just found out through your girlfriend that she'll have a date tomorrow, with some guy."

Paolo: "Oh tapos? Anong ginawa mo?"

Mart: "Wala. Na-tyope lang. Natakot ako. Hindi ko alam pa anong gagawin ko." (gulps beer)

Paolo: "Hmmmm. Ganon ba. I think I got a plan."

Mart: "What?"

Paolo: "You just trust me on this." (drinks beer)

Audre is preparing herself for her date tonight with Manuel. She picks herself a nice dress, not too flashy, not too simple, just the right one.

She hears her door ring. Ang aga naman nya.

Much to her surprise, it was Paolo, Ayin and Mart in front of her door. They entered her pad.

Audre: "You guys!! What are you doing here?"

Ayin: "Besy!! You look gorg! I love your dress."

Audre smiles to Ayin, "Thanks Besy!"

Paolo: "We just want to see this Manuel – your date."

Mart is silent and just gazing at her. . admiring this beautiful girl.

Audre is so surprised to see them, to see Mart too.

Audre: "Wait guys, ano ba? Pao, ano ito? Tatay ba kita? Bakit ngayon, interesado kang makita si Manuel?"

Ayin: "Sabi ko nga sa kanya, don't bother. Hay, tapos nainis sa akin bakit ko daw ikaw sine-set up kung kanino." (rolls eyes)

Paolo: "Gusto ko lang naman kilatisin. Bakit ba? I just want to be protective of you." (side glances at Mart)

Audre: "Kalma nga kayo, guys. Lalu ka na Paolo."

Paolo: "Fine. Pero hindi ako papayag na hindi kami susunod sa pupuntahan nyo nung Manuel na yun."

Audre: "What the heck?"

Ayin: "Yeah! What the heck!"

Paolo: "You can't do anything about this. That's final. (sharply looks at Ayin) You too!"

Then they hear a knock at the door.

Manuel.

Audre opens her door to see Manuel.

"I will be ready in a bit. Come on in for awhile."

Audre: "Everyone, I'd like you to meet Manuel. Manuel, you already know Ayin, that makulit na lady who fuzzed you about this date (Ayin says Hi and waves); this is Paolo, her boyfriend (Paolo nods as a sign of acknowledgement to Manuel) and this is Mart (simply smiles at Manuel). They are all my friends."

Manuel: "Hello. It is nice to meet you all." (smiles)

Audre signals them all to behave.

"Just a minute lang ah. Ayin, help me out please."

The girls went inside the room, and the boys just stood there, awkwardly.

Ayin stops Paolo's plan to spoil and tail Audre's date. But since Paolo is quite stubborn, the plan was reduced to only Mart will covertly follow Audre and Manuel on their date. Paolo stressed that they have to protect their bestriend since this would be the first time Audre would go on a date after her past relationship. Ayin cannot cut the deal into less than that. Ayin agrees with it, in exchange that she and Paolo won't meddle anymore.

Mart tails the car of Manuel. Audre and Manuel go inside a fancy restaurant.

Mart spots a space across the street where the restaurant is and parks there. He can see Audre and Manuel, as they eat and converse. He can see that Audre smiles, occasionally laughs, and seems to be enjoying the company of Manuel.

Mali yata itong ginagawa ko. He thought he shouldn't have followed them. He is getting jealous. After an hour or so, Audre and Manuel left the place. Mart is still eager to follow them. He wants to protect Audre and be there for her in case something bad happens. He doesn't trust that man anyway.

Manuel stops his car beside the park. He helps Audre get out of his car. Mart parks few meters away from them. He can still see the two as they walk to the park.