Chapter 24

Audre receives an invitation for Shane's birthday party.

As she opens the invitation, she saw Mart's name.

Mart Delos Santos ~ Escort

She suddenly feels the rush of hate feeling, she feels uneasy, and not in the mood. She does not want to attend that party; throws the copy on the floor, grunts.

She hears a knock at her door. She opens it and Mart appears.

Audre: (surprised but annoyed) "What brings you here?"

Mart: "Ahmm, Hi. (smiles) Can I come inside?"

Not smiling, she sharply looks at him, rolls her eyes.

Audre: "Fine."

Mart: "Bakit parang ang sungit mo ngayon?"

Audre: "Hmm, hindi ah. Hahah! (cackles fake laugh) So, bakit ka nga andito?"

Mart: "Bakit, hindi na ba ako pwede pumunta dito nang walang dahilan?"

Audre: "No. Hindi naman."

Mart: "I was invited to Shane's party."

Audre: "Alam ko."

Mart: "Huh?"

Audre points her copy of invitation.

Mart: (wonders why the copy is at the floor, then looks at Audre) "Papayag ka ba. ."

Audre feels jealous, but she knows she doesn't have any right. She cuts Mart, and says "Bakit naman ako hindi papayag na . ."

Mart cuts her too, and says "Papayag ka bang samahan ako magpatahi ng suit?"

Audre pauses.

Audre: "Oh. That."

"Fine."

Mart feels Audre is being cold to him, but he cannot confront the girl for it might give a wrong impression or he might be wrong.

He still tried to make the girl smile.

Mart: "Hey. Ahm, would you like me to hang out here?" (smiles, and hoping to convince the girl whom he misses much)

Audre: "No."

Mart: "Hey. . What's with you. Bakit parang ang init ng ulo mo." (feels sad)

Audre keeps mum.

Mart: "Ah basta. Dito muna ako ah. I won't go away until I see you smile." (smiles, wanting to charm this girl and make her smile)

Audre: "Whatever suits you."

Mart: "I never realized that you can be this snob. May ile-level-up pa pala." (smiling still)

Audre: "I am not snob."

Mart: "Sige nga, kung hindi ka snob, ahm, ano 'tong ginagawa mo sa akin?"

Audre: "What? I am not doing anything to you."

Mart: "You did not smile for me."

Audre lets a smile, "Okay na?"

Mart: "No. Not okay. It's fake."

Audre tries to smile again, but pissed.

Mart: "No, it's not that smile of yours."

Audre rolls her eyes, "So what's the smile you're saying, then?"

Mart: "The smile that reaches here." (points his heart) "I don't know what is happening, but, if there's a haze inside you, I'll just stay here until it's gone away."

Audre: "Huh? I don't understand you."

Mart: "Basta. Dito lang ako." (makes himself comfortable, sits on Audre's couch, opens the TV and watches)

Audre: "Bahala ka dyan."

Mart: "Okay! Thank you!" (shows he's delighted)
nagseselos ka ba?

Audre – I hate that you're here. But I would still hate it if you are not here. What are you doing to me? Argh!!

Mart: "Sit beside me." (smiles widely)

Without a choice, Audre sits beside Mart. Not talking. Mart, on the other hand, keeps talking, tells a story, of how his day was, and about his classes. Audre doesn't really pay attention. She can't accept the fact that this guy beside him would escort that girl - the girl he liked or he likes, she guess? Audre's mind is asking - if Mart still likes that girl? Kaya ba ito pumayag na maging escort? Nasaan si Jace? Argh! Her mind is in battle with those ideas – wishing that Mart doesn't have any feelings for that girl anymore but she doesn't really have any right to demand from Mart. She has to stay strong. But she rests her case on thinking too much and finally gets in tune with Mart in the present.

Audre: "So kailan ka magpapasukat? May alam ka bang mananahi?"

Mart stops talking, starts to get serious, "Wala akong alam eh."

Audre: "Okay. You want us to go out para maghanap?"

Mart: "If that is okay with you."