Chapter 11

Audre: "Hi."

Ayin: "Hellloo! We miss you Mart! Hindi ka na namin nakikita netong mga nakaraan." (chuckles)

Mart: "Naging busy lang sa studies." (smiles but never takes his eyes off of Audre)

Audre was silent, and is also looking at Mart. She wants to ask question to Mart, but cannot find exact words. She just smiles.

Ayin: "You two get us a table then. I will just buy us our food." (Ayin makes her way to the counter)

Mart: "Let's go." (leading the way to a table; Audre follows)

Audre: "How are you?" (they sit across each other)

Mart: "I've been okay. How are you?" (lovingly gazes at her, looks concerned)

Audre: "I am fine."

Audre gets silent again. She wants to ask how his date with Shane was. But she is hesitating. But she asks anyway.

Audre: "So, how was your date with Shane?"

Mart: "It was okay. Ahm, she is nice." (Mart's voice was just plain; Audre doesn't feel any excitement from him)

Audre: "I see."

Mart: "I miss. . ."

Ayin: "Hey guys, let's eat."

Mart has not finished what he is saying for he was distracted.

Audre can't exactly tell what she feels. She doesn't understand why Mart seems gazing at her and looks like he is telling her things through his eyes but she can't understand it.

Ayin: "Alam mo ba, Mart. Audre's got a date! (excites) And her date is her Mr. Crush." (giggles at herself for being so nosy)

Audre felt she is blushing for embarrassment; looks down. Mart's facial reaction cannot be painted.

Mart: "I am happy for you." (seriously looks at Audre)

Only Ayin is seen being excited and happy. Audre remained mum and feels embarrassed. Mart feels like he lost his appetite upon confirming what he just saw earlier.

Ayin: "Ooh! Shoot! (looks at her watch) I will go ahead of you, guys ha. May next class pa pala ako, akala ko wala na..waah. Kaloka! Nadistract kasi ako kay Manuel, hehehe. Ciao!" (rushes out of cafeteria)

Audre and Mart were left alone. The two eats silently. Awkward silence is all over the place.

Mart: "He looks good."

Audre: "Ha? Who? What?"

Mart: "Nothing." (smiles)

Audre: "Ano yung sinasabi mo kanina? Bago dumating si Ayin?"

Mart: "Ahh. Wala. Ahm, heheh. Wala yun."

Audre gets puzzled and confused, but didn't look for any realizations.

Mart: "Hmm. So about your date. . . (forces self to smile) I hope he'll treat you well."(looks so serious and sad)

Audre: (laughs) "Sus. As if namang magpapakasal na agad ako?"

Mart seriously looks at Audre and remains silent. As they finished eating, they exit the cafeteria.

Mart: "I will walk you to your building."

Audre starts walking towards her building.

Audre: (can't help it anymore; stops walking) "Why is it that we suddenly feel this awkwardness between us? What happened to us?"

Mart stops walking too and sees Audre's worried face.

Mart: (walks towards her, and gently reaches her beautiful face) "Hey, I am sorry. I was really busy these past few days. I am sorry na hindi kita nakakamusta at napupuntahan. I am really sorry."

Audre feels she is turning red when Mart touches her cheek, but felt the warmth from his hand.
- Why is it that his touch calms me?

Mart: "About sa date namin ni Shane, ahmm. Once lang kami nag-date. Just last Saturday. I realized na hindi ko pala sya gustong i-pursue. So, it was just a friendly date." (smiles)

Audre: "Aogh, owkay. Why is that so?"

Mart: "Ahm, I guess, she is not the one for me. Hindi ko pala sya gusto like what I initially perceived. And, I guess, she reserved herself for someone else. You were right with your news before. They still go out ni Jace. So, ayun. Naging friendly lang sya para pagbigyan din ang request mo sa kanya." (smiles)

Audre: "Oooh. I'm sorry. I didn't know that. Akala ko . . . Ahm. ."

Mart: "Hehe. Hey, don't be sorry, okay lang. (smiles) It's not the end of the world for me, you see."

Audre: "Okay. Alright. At least, we tried diba? Heheh." (smiles)

Audre continues to walk. Mart is left behind a few steps.

Mart: "Namiss kita."

Audre stops walking, turns around, and looks at him.
- Why does my heart flutters?