Chapter 39

Audre dismisses the thought and just plan to enjoy time with her niece and nephews.

Aki: "Ta! Ta!" (reaches out his hands, wanting to be carried)

Audre: "Alright, my baby, Ta-ta is coming to get yah." (smiles)

Audre had fun time with Akino, as they try to feed the giraffe. Akino is giggling everytime the giraffe gets the food from his Auntie's hand.

Aki: "Again!"

Audre: "Hoy, giraffe, kainin mo daw ang hands nitong si Aki! Eto na oh... kunin mo daw kamay nya." (stretches Aki's arms)

The giraffe tries to lean towards them again.

Aki is giggling and laughing so hard, like being tickled.

Mart smiles as he observes how happy Audre is, playing with Akino. Then, Audre side glances at Mart, but Mart looks away.

Ameera pokes Mart's lower leg. Mart notices.

Mart: "Hello, little baby. What can I do for you? Do you want something?"

Amee: "uh!" (lifts her two arms, wanting to be lifted)

Mart: "Alright." (smiles and lifts Ameera to his arms) "Amee, where do you want to go?"

Amee: "There!" (points left)

Mart: "Okay. Hehehe!" (is excited to be with Ameera)

Mart is actually jealous of what he saw earlier.

That childhood friend of Audre.

That puppy love.

He can't get it out of his head. But he cannot admit it to Audre. He has no actual rights to get jealous since they are not in a real relationship. . yet.

At the same time, Mart felt sad with what he is doing. He is avoiding Audre, and Audre has no idea at all. He worries that this might give her a wrong impression. And, it may danger the trust that he is trying to build. He abruptly changed his mind and starts to yearn for Audre. Mart went back and started looking for Audre. Mart sees Audre just looking at the pigeons.

He embraces Audre from behind and kisses her head long. He wanted to make Audre feel his presence.

Audre is a bit startled but as she turns around, she is briefly smiling at Mart.

Mart: "Hey, beautiful." (smiles)

Aurdre: "Hey, you." (smiles back)

Mart continues to embrace and hold Audre in his arms.

Mart: "I'm sorry earlier. I may have been spacing out."

Audre: "Why? Is there anything that's bothering you?"

Mart: (chuckles) "Um, wala. Wala naman." (tries to convince Audre)

Audre: "Hey. . (pauses) I know you, okay? I'm a bit bothered, actually." (looks concerned, touches his cheek)

Mart: (gives in) "I just saw you earlier with that guy who visited you at the house. You were hugging and he kissed you. Um, I. . . I learned that he was your childhood friend? And also . . . the puppy love?"

Audre: (eyes widen) "You saw Rustin? Oh. Rustin was my childhood friend. He came today to see if I'm really at the house. Puppy love? (laughs) where did you hear that?"

Mart: "It doesn't matter. Ahm, I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't have thought any of it. I mean, yeah. I . . wala naman ako magagawa doon."

Audre: "Puppy love. . (chuckles) nah. I mean, we were kids. You know how kids are, we usually said some silly things. But, he is my friend. He is just a friend." (assuring Mart)

Grams: "Everybody, let's go for a lunch." (is happy and smiling)

The family went to their favorite restaurant. Grams is looking at Mart and Audre. Grams smiles at what she is seeing - her family being complete, and with a new member.

After lunch, the family got back at the house.

As some of the family members are gathered in the living room, just spending fine time, a helper walk towards Audre and hands a bouquet of beautiful flowers.

"Ma'am, may nagdeliver po, para po daw sa inyo."

Grams: "Oh. That's beautiful."

Ate: "Mart, I didn't know you are this thoughtful!" (smiles and is excited)

Mart: "Ahm, Hindi po sa akin galing yung flowers."

Ate: "Aogh. Sorry." (feels awkward, then looks at Audre)

Audre: (looks at the card, and reads) "It's from Rustin."

Grams: "Oh, the puppy love." (smiles)

Audre: "Grams!"

Grams: "What? Hindi ba't nung mga bata kayo ay. . "

Audre: "Grams. We were kids then. It doesn't have any meaning at all"

Grams: "But now that you are not kids anymore, I think Rustin has still something to say."

Audre: "Grams, maybe he is just being nice and all." (smiles at Grams, then looks at Mart)

Mart having heard the conversation just kept mum and looks down.

Later that night, Mart feels uneasy and just lies down in the bed. Audre walks in the room to see Mart lying down already.

Audre: "Hey."

Mart: "Hey."

Audre: "You okay?"

Mart just responds with a smile.

Audre feels awkward, doesn't know what words to say or even how to start a conversation with Mart. She feels that Mart is not in the mood. They stared at each other. Audre went to her side of the bed.

Audre: "Ahm, you must be tired. Just rest, okay? Ahm, good night."

Mart: "Good night."