8. Grapejuice

season 4, episode 9; i know what you did last summer

Was I silently panicking that Ruby was about to show up? Yes, I was. Did I know what to do with her yet? Absolutely not. I mainly couldn't focus because of how freaking attractive Sam looked playing Pool, but ya know, a girl tried.

After Wishful Thinking, Sam and I continued to spend hours talking about just anything, and when I wasn't with Sam, Dean and I talked about anything else and all joked together when they weren't bickering like a married couple. Wishful Thinking was always an episode that I strike odd, I mean, talking, living teddy bears, a perverted invisible teenage boy, and a guy who wished for some girl way out of his league to be in love with him? You tell me. Not to mention, Dez from Austin & Ally was the perverted teenager. What the hell?

So now we were in a random bar that was located I-Don't-Know-Where while Sam pretended to be drunk to scam a man while I watched, completely swooned over the man in front of me. Dean came up to the Pool table and looked at the man Sam was playing. "Excuse me," Dean said. "My brother's a little sauced to be making bets."

The man looked back at Dean. "Hey, he insisted."

"Yeah, but you've already taken, what, two bills off him?" Sam faked drowsiness and swayed gently. "I'm just saying."

"Hey, shut up, Dean," Sam said. "I'm fine," he said with a sloppy smile.

"No, you're not fine. You're drunk!" Dean exclaimed. The guy placed the cue balls in the triangle thing and only stared back at Dean.

Sam looked back at the opponent. "Let's make it five hundred."

"Five hundred?" Dean asked "incredulously".

"Sure," the guy replied.

Sam took out a folded-over stack of cash and placed it on the side of the table.

"Five hundred, your break," he said and removed the triangle thing, and let Sam resume. While he wasn't looking, the brothers exchanged a look while I snickered to myself. Sam faked a struggle with getting the pool stick to stay as he began to aim at the white cue ball.

I tried to keep my composure at the way the white light over the table made him look. It didn't work very well.

After a couple of seconds, Sam looked over at me and winked before looking back at the game and hitting the ball, letting it hit the triangle of cue balls and make most of them into the pockets on the other side of the table.

I tried to stop my jaw from dropping to the floor when he winked at me. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!

I looked back at the opponent and saw as he watched the balls in front of him fall into the pockets with shock. I couldn't get over the wink and while trying to get over it, I looked around the man Sam was playing with and physically felt the color drain from my face when I saw Ruby watching Sam with a drink on the table in front of her at the bar. I got over the wink rather quickly after that. Sam hadn't seen her yet and I knew he was going to, but I took the chance that he didn't and got up from the wall. Sam gave no acknowledgment that she was even here if he saw her and neither did Dean. "I'm going to the bathroom," I mumble, hoping Sam heard, but I didn't wait for his response and left the pool table, making a beeline to Ruby.

"Still around, are you, princess?" She asks as I arrive at her.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, ignoring what she called me.

"Relax, I come bearing gifts," Ruby replies. "Nothing you and Prince Charming can't handle."

"Who—? Never mind." Before I'm able to speak again, she interrupts me.