VIII

CHAPTER VIII
————————————————————

I LANDED IN MY ROOM, hysterically crying at the foot of my bed.

I find no reason to cry since I'm a petty bitch but this hurt, a lot.

Why doesn't she like me? Everyone I've ever met has liked me, don't take my word about that though.

Well then...I guess she's playing the way I didn't want to.

And I don't play fair.

I sat outside with Pantalone and Childe, the snow sticking to my bare legs.

I hugged my coat as Pantalone popped his cigarette, staring at me as if I was below him, which I'm not.

"What's up with you now?" he chuckled.

"I wish I never met her at all!" I cried into my palms.

"Dude stop crying about her, you knew the outcome before it even happened." Childe rolled his eyes and patted my back.

"Did he get rejected like a schoolgirl?" Pantalone laughed.

"By Y/n, so you know it stings," Childe said.

"You're the most heartless guy I know, how is this affecting you?" Pantalone cleaned his glasses.

"She's too hot not to like, and I can bet that you have thought about her too." I glared at him.

"Who hasn't?" he laughed.

"And she's always with Dottore, it's annoying." I groaned.

"They're sleeping together," Pantalone said.

"Wait- what?!" Childe and I shouted at the same time.

"You didn't know?" he stared at us.

"We just assumed, we didn't know she was actually sleeping with him?!" Childe pulled his hair.

"Don't get too worked up, it's only so she can be a higher rank." Pantalone laughed.

"I knew it!" I cheered.

"How do you know?" Childe asked him.

"I walked in on them and then Signora told me." he fixed his coat.

"Signora told you? Isn't she your partner?" Childe raised his eyebrow.

"Signora knows everything about her, if you really want to get payback then you'll have to talk to her." he stomped on his cigarette and walked to the door, Childe and I following close behind.

"The thing is, I really like Y/n..." I scratched my head.

"Dottore has her on a lead basically, you'll get murdered if you take his girl." Pantalone led us to his office where Signora sat on the desk.

"Hello, Signora." I slightly waved at her.

"Hello Scaramouche." she smiled at me.

Childe and Pantalone left the room to get water from the kitchen, leaving Signora and me alone.

"Why aren't you following your boyfriends?" she chuckled.

"I want to ask you a few questions..." I sat down awkwardly.

"Go on, I'll tell you anything," she smirked.

"I need to know everything I can about Y/n...she really hurt me and I want payback."

"That's a lot to ask for...she wouldn't mind me telling you this though." she laughed.

I stared at her intently as she went on.

"Y/n is very two-faced, she's only sleeping with Dottore to make her rank higher and can't get herself out of a situation she created."

"Tell me more..."

"She can't shut up about you, and it isn't negative either."

"OH, SO SHE HAS SOMETHING NICE TO SAY FOR ONCE."
————————————————————

@SCYKHS