XVI

CHAPTER XVI
————————————————————

I PUT MY OUFIT NEXT TO HERS ON HER DESK AND WE BOTH LOOKED AT THEM.

"It's so similar to Dottore's, it's so upsetting." she sat back and sighed.

"But wouldn't you like that?" I asked her, but I didn't intend to tease her.

"No, not at all." she frowned.

"It's alright, it doesn't matter," I reassured her.

"This whole partnership campaign is to show independence and to see the work ethic of people paired up."

"I don't want the Tsarista to see me depending on Dottore with a stupid matching outfit."

"What difference does it make? You're partnered with me." I looked at her.

"And I want that to be seen, I don't want the Tsarista to still think I'm not worthy of my rank because I depend on the higher ranks."

"We can make our outfits stand out, and we won't even look related to Dottore and Childe." I smiled and stared at her.

She looked back at me and put her head on my shoulder, wrapping her arms around me.

"I'm sorry for all of this." she sighed deeply.

"Why are you so upset over this? I promise it's not that big of an issue."

"I let you down...and I actually don't see myself with Dottore any longer." a sob escaped her lips.

I held onto her and led her to the couch where we could sit together.

It was the first time I had seen her so emotional over something and I truly felt bad for hurting her not too long ago.

"It's going to be fine Y/n." I stroked her hair.

She held onto me while we both sat together, our faces were close to each other.

She looked up to meet my eyes and she smiled.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"I'm sure." I smiled back at her.

She stared at my lips and I watched her eyes.

She leaned closer and placed her lips on mine softly.

I gave into the kiss and held her face close to mine gently.

It's as if everything I had been wishing for had finally come true.

This didn't feel like our last kiss, this one had something behind it, it had meaning.

She pulled away slowly and opened her eyes and looked at me.

"Can you stay?" she asked me.

"Of course I can stay." I smiled at her and moved the hair from her face.

Hours had passed of us modifying our dresses, and I found myself lying down on her couch with her asleep in my arms.

I won, I truly had won.

I heard a set of knocks at the door and before I could get up to answer the door opened and I was met with Dottore.

He stared at me and Y/n, who hadn't woken up yet.

He gave me a dirty look and closed the door.

This might cause issues.

Big issues.

Really big issues.

But tomorrow is a new day and the most important day.

ALL THAT MATTERS IS Y/N.
————————————————————

@SCYKHS