XVIII

CHAPTER XVIII
————————————————————

"TODAY MARKS OUR FINAL TRIAL DAY OF THE PARTNERSHIP CAMPAIGN." Pierro began.

"We partnered every harbinger with another in order to see work ethic and relationship, some were successful, but through this, we learnt things that had been kept hidden from others."

"However we have to call out some names to recognise their work throughout this week."

"Arlecchino, Pantalone, Capitano and (H/n), you have all been recognised and endorsed by me and the Tsaritsa herself," he said proudly.

Y/n had a smile on her face and all four of them walked to the front to stand by the Tsarista herself.

The Tsarista stood up and removed the mask from her face.

"We are close to achieving our goal, and only one piece of the chessboard remains. Il Capitano, I wish you great luck with your journey in Natlan." she sat back down after speaking.

"Now you may continue with your ceremony."

Y/n walked from the front to me and stood next to me.

"I can't believe you got endorsed."

"I can't believe it either Scara, I want to squeal." she tried to keep her composure.

Childe approached me and congratulated Y/n, however Dottore stayed far away.

Y/n and Signora became absorbed in conversation and so Childe and I took that opportunity to walk away.

"Tell me what happened dude." he looked at me.

"I went there, and like we kissed and after that, she fell asleep in my arms," I told him proudly.

"How did you do that...that's fucking crazy."

"But then Dottore walked in while she was sleeping on me."

"Oh fuck...dude that's bad, like really bad." Childe looked worried.

"I know, I don't know what to do though." I scratched my head.

"You run away and never come back, that's what you do." he looked serious but I didn't take him that way.

"Look, all that matters is that Y/n is not stuck with him."

-

Pantalone, Childe and I walked out to have a smoke in the gardens.

Signora and Y/n walked through the colossal doors and spotted us smoking cigarettes while we were meant to be in the ballroom.

Y/n sat next to me on the bench and watched me while I held the cigarette to my mouth.

"Since when do you smoke?" she asked me and I winced.

"Pantalone got me smoking." I joked with her.

Pantalone looked offended that I would throw him under the bus and tried to fight for his innocence.

"Hey, at least he's not smoking inside." Childe defended me.

"You should be defending me, Childe." Pantalone kicked him and Signora laughed.

"So what's new with your little doctor." Signora teased Y/n and she groaned as a response.

"How am I going to do this?" she sighed into her palms while I reached my hand over to her shoulder to hold her closer.

"You'll be fine, I'm sure he won't try anything stupid." I tried to reassure her but it didn't sound like it was working.

A set of footsteps approached and I quickly threw the cigarette in the bush and watched as the most recognisable man in this palace walked through.

"Y/N, PLEASE COME WITH ME."
————————————————————
@SCYKHS