Chapter 4: Scars and Powers

They joined Alec, Jace and Magnus in the main room of the building. Clary immediately started talking, making Celia roll her eyes:

"Magnus, look, Valentine found you once, he will find you again. We need to work together!"

Magnus sighed:

"I will summon the demon, but you must make the demand..."

Celia turned to Izzy:

"What is he talking about?"

"He gave Clary's memories to a demon to be kept safe. If she wants them back, we need to summon it."

Celia nodded slowly. Isn't this night going to be even more fun...

Meanwhile, Magnus continued:

"Well, we aren't safe here... Hold tight everyone. We are about to move."

Celia could feel the usual slight pull when he portaled all of them to a different apartment.

Magnus turned to Celia:

„Don't you dare to get blood stains on my carpet, princess"

Clary seemed irritated but also amused:

"Princess?", her gaze went back and forth between Magnus and Celia, "you two know each other?"

Magnus shook his head:

"Oh no, this is the first time we meet in person. But it's really not hard to tell who she is..."

That sentence certainly did not help with Clary's confusion. But none of the others looked like they were comfortable to say something. Celia rolled her eyes:

"You could say I'm quite important in the Hybrid society... But it is nothing that we have to discuss right now."

Celia had decided right at the beginning that she would try to avoid telling Clary who she was. But by now she had changed her mind. Because if  Clary was working with Valentine, then Celia's last name should have been enough to tip her off. So Celia could might as well just tell her herself.

"I'll explain it later.", she added, even though she was unsure when this later was going to be. At the moment, she had to fight the vertigo that came with the blood loss. Unfortunately, she wasn't healing as fast as usually at the moment, otherwise this injury would have been gone after about ten minutes. It was another side effect of the recent events in Mexico. And it could get dangerous for Celia, if she would be bleeding out of bigger wounds than the current one.

"Urgh", Magnus sighed, "after each move I just want to redecorate. Normally, I love a dirty lair, but this one's just sloppy." Speaking that last sentence, he looked at Alec. Celia raised her eyebrows just as high as Alec, but nobody reacted. Magnus looked a little disappointed, but simply moved on and turned to Izzy.

"I believe in payment for services rendered.", he held up the ruby necklace that they had apparently given him and put it around Izzy's neck, "thank you, for defending the Warlocks. Besides, the Lightwoods have been wearing this for years and it would look rather silly on your brother."

He has a thing for Alec... interesting. Celia did not pay attention to the rest of their quiet conversation, but pulled out her stele and drew a healing rune on her arm instead.

"So how do we summon the memory demon?", Clary asked.

"Are you certain?", Magnus replied, "summoning such a powerful demon can be lethal."