Chapter 6: Cretino

It did not take long, before Alec came back into Celia's office again, interrupting her work:

"Celia!", Celia flinched slightly, as a sudden pain shot through her head again, but Alec did not seem to notice, "Clary disappeared, I need your help!"

Could people stop stressing me please?! Especially the people named Clary?

"Calm down, you can just track her. Didn't you take her necklace just this morning?"

Alec stared at her for a second, then he turned around and raced out of the office again:

"Yes, good idea!"

Celia sighed, but decided to follow him:

"Why are you being so anxious for God's sake? It's not like you killed her... And even then I would defend you."

Alec shook his head:

"This is the one task my mother gave me, and I failed at even something as easy as this! Also I promised Jace to keep her save, he's going to be furious..."

Alec was talking fast, fast enough to make Celia's headache even worse. She grabbed him by his shoulders and turned him around to her:

"Calm down! Jace is going to get another punch if he blames you for this and Maryse can go suck it anyways. She holds you under as it is.", Celia gestured towards the command center, "now get the damn necklace and then let's go."

Alec had easily tracked Clary to the Brooklyn Academy of Arts and had also gained his composure back. Celia hated it when he lost his rational brain along the way of worrying about his parents' perception of him. They are always treating him as if he is a complete idiot... They also favor Jace, just to push Alec - it's almost disgusting if you think about it too long.

Celia spotted Clary at the front entrance of the building, searching through her bag. It did not take Celia long to realize what she was searching – the ringtone of her phone was loud enough to be heard across the East River. Mundanes left and right of Clary were checking their own phones, wondering where the sound was coming from. Celia rolled her eyes:

"Urgh! Exactly what I was talking about...", she mumbled and followed Alec, who was already making his way towards Clary.

He was approaching her from behind, which led to her flinching, when he spoke to her:

"Why did you run out? It's childish...", Clary was still searching for her phone in that horrible bag she always carried around everywhere, "and what's the point of an invisibility rune if you don't silence your phone?"

Clary turned around to Alec and Celia, who had reached them by now, rolled her eyes and answered her phone:

"Simon? I'm sorry I didn't call you right back – are you okay?"

"You know that moment when you think you are catching a cold but you don't actually get sick?", Simon replied.

Celia could hear his answer through the phone, though Alec's annoyed look showed her that he could not. Clary at least had the decency to try and cut Simon off:

"Look, things are insane right now, can we talk later?"

"What do you mean, insane? Are you okay?"

How awfully concerned they are about each other. Neither would answer their phone if they were not okay, so why ask?

"Well, I kind of killed a demon and now all my memories are lost...", Clary replied.

"You killed a what? Okay, Clary where are you?"