Chapter 28: The Hunter's Moon

There was one place where Celia knew that nobody would bother her. The Hunter's Moon was a small bar run by a couple of werewolves. Maia Roberts, one of the servers was an acquaintance of Celia's. At least Celia did not think that they were close enough to be called friends yet. Celia had only sat down at the bar when Maia approached her:

"Velázquez... Do I have to expect any dead bodies?"

Celia smiled slightly:

"No, don't worry. No official business tonight, I just want to relax."

"Then you can stay.", Maia's expression and tone were way friendlier immediately. She hated it when Celia used her place of work for missions, because Maia was usually the one that had to clean up the mess afterward.

"What can I get you then?", Maia asked.

"Gin Tonic, please."

Maia nodded and went off to get the order ready. When she place the drink in front of Celia she leaned on the counter:

"So, why are you here?"

Celia shrugged:

"Just need a night off."

"Really? A night off, with drinking. Are you guys even allowed to do that?"

Celia tilted her head:

"As long as I don't end up under a table I'm sure my boss won't have a problem with it."

Actually, Álvaro would have a problem with it if he knew. He did not like when anyone in the special force consumed any kind of drugs. The only thing he let slide was coffee, and that only because half of them were basically addicted to it. Celia smiled at the thought and sipped on her drink.

"I heard you guys are in trouble with your Warlocks in Mexico...", Maia casually went on while grabbing a cloth and wiping down the counter. Celia narrowed her eyes:

"Nope. We are on the same terms as always."

Maia smirked:

"So no good ones then."

Celia sighed. Maia was right: the relationship between the two groups in Mexico had not been good for a long time. There was an endless list of wrong doings on both sides.

"Hey, I don't want to talk about work, alright?", Celia asked, "I really just need a couple of quiet hours."

Maia raised her hands:

"Alright, alright, I will stop asking questions you have to dodge anyway. Just tell me if you need a refill."

Celia nodded. It was always more comfortable when people gave up on asking about SRU business off their own accord. And tonight, Celia was really not in the mood of being rude in an effort to shut people up. Alec's comment from earlier was getting to her a little more than she had thought it would. Usually, it was okay when people made comments like that, it was nothing new and the SRU profited off the reputation they had. But Alec – when he said things like that it was a whole different topic. Celia sighed and took a big gulp from her glass.

Maia passed her again shortly after:

"Are you sure there is nothing specific going on? I made this drink like a minute ago and it is half empty already."

Celia shrugged:

"Just thinking about something."

"About what?", Maia asked bluntly.

"People being judgy.", Celia matched Maia's tone, answering matter-of-fact.

Maia chuckled:

"Oh, please don't tell me that the big bad special force soldier is feeling bad because people were mean to her?"