Chapter 21: Adriana

Welcome to season 2! I am not completely done writing it at this point, but I did not want you guys to wait any longer. 

I also want to thank you all for the support this story got during the short break! I am so excited over every single person that reads the story! Always feel free to comment and tell me what you think.

I hope you enjoy season 2!

 "You have to come with us to Mexico.", Álvaro started speaking as soon as he had sat down on one of the chairs in front of Celia's desk. Celia dropped down into her own chair, while Isaac remained standing, arms crossed behind his back.

"We found out from one of our sources that Adriana wants to come by some time today.", Álvaro continued, "and she will probably want to talk to each of us individually."

"Sounds like she is trying to catch us off guard...", Celia mumbled. Isaac shrugged:

"Well, she would have to do better than that if she wants us to be unprepared."

Álvaro nodded:
"Everyone is being briefed about the response she'll get.", Álvaro hesitated for a moment before he continued, "there is more on the line for you. And I don't want her to simply feel the magic in you."

Celia grimaced:

"So, I tell her what was discussed from the beginning? That I don't know about any mission involving her brother at all? And that it would be top secret anyway?"

"Exactly. And we are adding a twist: You were visiting Esteban's grave with me that night – hence the trace of inherited magic on you."

Celia raised an eyebrow. Esteban was the Warlock who had given Álvaro his magic. They had been very close, but Celia had not even been born when Esteban died.

"Why would I do that though?", she asked.

Álvaro rolled his eyes:

"Oh please, Celia. Your werewolf sire is buried in the same graveyard as him."

"Oh...", Celia chuckled, "I didn't even know that. That's a smart idea."

"Of course it is. I came up with it.", Isaac smirked.

Celia smiled as well, but then she thought of something:

"Are we fabricating a whole network of alibis then?"

Álvaro nodded:

"Adriana is incredibly smart. She will want one from each of us and she will realize if something does not add up.", he interpreted the worried look on Celia's face right, "the four of you will be fine. Salomé and Ethan are set with a family gathering, Benicio is linked to Isaac and you to me."

Celia nodded slowly. It had only been the four of them that night, but now the other eleven SRU members had to hold their head out as well. But there was nothing else to be done about it now than reciting a well thought through lie.

"It's probably best if we leave right now. Is there anything you want to finish up before we go?", Álvaro asked. Celia shook her head. She did not have to answer to anyone here; everyone was used to her coming and going as she wanted. Álvaro got up, while Isaac already went to the door.

It was opened, before he could even grab the handle. Celia looked up from her desk, where she had started packing her laptop and a few files into a bag.

In her door stood a man in an expensive suit – who looked clearly intimidated by being confronted with Álvaro and Isaac. Celia raised her eyebrow:

"Have you never heard of knocking?"