Chapter 49: Transported in a Coffin

A/N: I'm really sorry for the long wait, unfortunately my beta-reader was not able to help me out for a while. So these chapters might be edited a later, maybe not. As compensation for the long wait, I'll upload two chapters today.

Celia's phone vibrated on her nightstand. It only took one second for Celia to be fully awake. One look on the display and she was confused on top of that:
"What is it?", she asked her werewolf contact.

"I just heard Luke talking to his daughter about this Simon guy. He apparently is a suspect in the murder of a girl. But the location where they found her is a bleeder den."

"How did you know that I want info on Simon?"

"Quinn told me."

Celia sighed. Quinn was in Raphael's group and had gotten the task to look after Simon a bit. But apparently, he was a blabbering idiot.

"Well, thanks a lot, man. I owe you."

"No worries.", Celia could almost hear him grinning. He would make sure to cash in on that favor.

"Text me the address of the den, will you?"

"Sure."

Moments later, the address turned up on her screen. This could be the thing we needed. Celia fully got up from her bed and slipped into her clothes.

On her way to the bleeder den, Celia tried to call Raphael, but he did not respond. Texting was not an option, as Celia did not want traces of the details of this arrangement on her phone.

"Fine... Then I'll get my hands dirty alone.", she mumbled.

The address Celia had gotten turned out to be a dark side alley that most people would have called sketchy. Celia did not even have to get close to it to see the police tape police tape cordoning off a perimeter. So the mundanes found her already... This made Celia's plan way more difficult than intended. She focused her senses. There was no body to be seen anywhere. Celia growled. They had already taken the girl away.

Celia crossed the street and carefully stepped closer to policemen that were standing there. In one of the boxes on the ground, there were multiple small plastic bags with pieces of evidence. Celia crouched down and flipped through them. In one, there was a ripped piece of red fabric. Let's just assume that this is from the girl. Celia pulled the bag out and placed it in between her palms. Tracking a dead person was always a bit tricky. But since the girl had not been dead for long and was probably in the first stage of transitioning into a vampire, Celia was not too worried about it.

And indeed, she could pick something up. A black car, driving... She is in a hearse. A well lit up street. A street sign being passed - Celia smiled. She knew where to go.

She dropped the plastic bag back into the box, turned around and moved down the street with her vampire speed. The car was not too far from here yet, she could easily catch up.

Two minutes later, Celia deactivated her glamour and stepped onto the street from in between two parking cars – directly in front of the hearse. The screeching of the brakes hurt her ears more than the actual impact hurt the rest of her body. Celia caught herself in a fluent motion on the hood and rolled down onto the pavement. It did not take long for the driver to get out of the car:

"Oh my God! What is wrong tonight? Ma'am are you alright?", Celia could tell that he was leaning down and her eyes flew open, her hands reached up, grabbing his face:
"Nothing happened. You did not run anyone over, you do not have a corpse in the back. You need to go to a crime scene to pick up a dead young girl. Tragic murder."