𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟏𝟎

..••°°°°••..
.·:*¨༺ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 10 ༻¨*:·.
°°••....••°°

MANY PARTINGS

After a week of feasting, it was now time to say goodbye.
     The Hobbits were the first ones to leave. ''Do not cry, Peregrin Took,'' Iladya whispers, kneeling down. She wipes away the tear. Then she looks at all four Hobbits. ''So, this is goodbye?'' Merry sniffs. ''We do not say goodbye,'' Iladya speaks softly, ''we say namárië. It means more than a simple farewell. It means, go towards goodness.'' The Hobbits watch her speak as tears roll down their cheeks. ''I will promise you,'' she says, ''I will come to visit you, in the Shire. Is that okay?'' Pippin nods and opens his arms for a hug. Iladya chuckles as she hugs him. Her eyes shift to Frodo, who kept himself silent. Once they made eye contact, she winked. She knows, Frodo thought.
     The Hobbits had left the world of men to travel down to their own, familiar land. It was now time for Legolas and Gimli to take part. Which felt strange to Iladya. Over a thousand years, she and her brother stood together.

Iladya walks to her brother's chamber, finding it left alone as he did the week before. She did find a note on the bed. Meet me outside, Il. Iladya looks up and leaves his chamber. She meets him outside, along with Gimli and Aragorn. ''Legolas, what is the meaning of this?'' she asks, holding up the note. Legolas smiles as he looks down at Gimli. ''Will you tell her?'' he asks. ''Aye,'' Gimli grins and turns to Iladya, ''since you and Aragorn are getting married. Aragorn asked us to stay and we would have stayed for the wedding anyways.'' A smile plays on her lips as she jumps into her brother's arms.
     ''I am so glad you are not leaving yet,'' she sighs. Legolas laughs as he embraces her. ''Me too, sister, me too.''

Gandalf had bid his farewells. The four former hunters knew his task has been completed. ''I will sail to Valinor,'' he tells, ''where I should find peace.'' Aragorn lays a hand on his shoulder, ''thank you. For everything.'' Gandalf smiles as he looks at the four of them. ''I bid you farewell, my friends. I wish you most luck in the world.''

A cart is travelling through the countryside. ''Tell me again, lad,'' Bilbo whispers, ''where are we going?'' ''To the harbour, Bilbo,'' Frodo replies, ''the elves have accorded you a special honour. A place on the last ship to leave Middle-Earth.'' ''Frodo, any chance of seeing that old Ring of mine again? The one I gave you?'' old Bilbo asks. Frodo looks away. ''I'm sorry uncle, I'm afraid I lost it.'' ''Oh, pity,'' he sighs, ''I would have liked to have held it one last time.''
     The five Hobbits walk forward with Gandalf behind them. Frodo and Sam help Bilbo. Bilbo raises his eyes. ''Oh! Well here is a sight I have never seen before.'' A ship drawn up to the jetty. Some elves stand there ready to greet them. Bilbo bows to them. It is Elrond, Celeborn and Galadriel. They bow back.
     ''The power of the three rings is ended. The time has come for the dominion of men,'' Galadriel speaks. ''I Aear can vên na mar,'' Elrond speaks. Bilbo smiles and Elrond spreads him arms out to him. ''I think I'm quite ready for another adventure.'' He walks towards the ship. Elrond puts his arm around him protectively as they walk onto the ship. Galadriel smiles at them and gets on the ship. Frodo watches intensely. Celeborn also boards the ship. Gandalf moves forward and turns to them. ''Farewell my brave Hobbits,'' Gandalf smiles. They look at him with tears in their eyes. ''My work is now finished. Here at last, on the shores of the sea, comes the end of our Fellowship. I will not say do not weep for not all tears are an evil.'' He walks towards the ship. Frodo is watching him, he stops and turns towards them.
     ''It is time Frodo.'' The three Hobbits turn towards Frodo. He looks at them. ''What does he mean?'' Sam asks. ''We set out to save the Shire Sam and it has been saved, but not for me,'' Frodo says. ''You don't meant that,'' he says tearfully, ''you can't leave.'' Frodo looks away, he brings up the book and hands it to Sam. Sam takes it. ''The last pages are for you Sam.'' Merry is crying, Frodo hugs him. He hugs Pippin who is also crying. He turns away from them towards Sam who is also crying. Frodo clasps him in a farewell hug. Frodo lets him go and kisses him on his head. He turns towards Gandalf who beckons him with his hand. Once on board the ship Frodo turns and smiles beamingly at them. He turns away. The ship glides silently out of the bay into the sunset.
     Merry and Pippin turn away. Sam watches the ship disappear into the distance then turns away too.

 Sam watches the ship disappear into the distance then turns away too