Together

Epilogue

Doc sauntered into the prison with a smirk. All of the guards looked at him with disdain, but there was nothing they could do about him now. Bdubs had gotten him a pardon from Captain Wels, as an apology for his wrongful arrest at ConCorp. In addition to the promise to end his villainous ways. He still didn't know if he would follow suit with that one, but for now, he needed to keep on Wels' not quite as bad side.

And speaking of Hels' less attractive twin brother, there he was. An angry scowl plastered his face, perfectly countering Doc's smirk.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." Wels muttered. Doc didn't respond, as he knew Wels wanted him to. The captain was looking for any reason to throw Doc out of the prison, or more likely, in a cell, and Doc wouldn't give him the opportunity. Wels led him down some long corridors, with fewer and fewer people occupying the halls as they walked further. Down an elevator, three more doors, and there were now armed guards standing at every corner.

"Try anything, anything at all, and both of you will be dead in seconds. Clear?"

"Crystal."

"Good." He pushed a long series of numbers into a keypad, opening a heavy barred door to their right. "Go on. He's expecting you."

As soon as Doc crossed the threshold, the door was shut and locked behind him. Not that it was necessary. There was still a large pane of glass, or shatter resistant plastic, or whatever prisons use these days, between him and the prisoner.

"Hi Doc."

Doc didn't say anything. He still didn't care if it was actually still him. Hadn't he died. Twice?

"I get why you're angry with me. I'd be angry too. But the void is gone, I promise."

"Mind if I test that?" Doc asked. It wasn't really an option for the prisoner to decline.

He nodded before stopping suddenly. Doc was in control. Even his eyes couldn't betray his fear. Every muscle, every fiber of his being was a Doc's mercy. Luckily, the villain let go nearly as soon as he latched on.

"So you really did survive."

"Yeah."

"Do you remember-"

"All of it. Every awful thing I did."

"That wasn't you, it was-"

"The void? No, it just removed my inhibitions. I wanted to do all of those things."

"Who told you that?"

"The... void."

"So, did you want to do any of-"

"No! No. Of course not."

Doc took a deep breath. "Ren."

He looked away from Doc. "Just leave. I deserve to be here." He whispered.

Ren startled as the lights in the room burst, his eyes wide as dim red lights danced across the room.

"I said the same thing. But someone still came."

"What did you do?"

"Nothing yet."

"What did Xanthus do?"

"Well..."

Ren stood up, finally fully turning towards Doc. His left eye, the one that has been taken over by the void, was a very pale grey, reflecting the red lights bouncing across the room.

"Doc."

"Well, we knew that you would be kept in a very high tech secure location. And Bdubs was able to get me to you. So all Xanthus had to do was hack in and open the doors. Which should be right about..." The glass panes split down the middle and slid open at the same time as the bars behind Doc swung open. "Now."