06

Chapter six The T-Rex EscapesStella's POV:Tim dug under his seat for something to do

Chapter six
The T-Rex Escapes
Stella's POV:
Tim dug under his seat for something to do. We'd been stuck in the same place for about an hour and a half. "Boo!" Tim yelled. Lex gasped and Olive did the same. He had some goggles on his head. "Hey, where'd you find those?" Gennaro said. Tim looked at him and said "in a box under my seat." "Are they heavy?" "Yeah!" "Then they're expensive, put them back." Tim's smile disappeared and he glared at Gennaro. Dwayne scoffed softly and Lex took off her hat, hitting Tim in the head with it. "Don't scare me." She said. Tim laid in the back of the car on top of the large chest in the back. "Oh, cool night vision!" Lex started to fan herself with her hat as it had kind of started to get hot. I handed Rooster his Hawaiian shirt back and half smiled at him. He slid it back on his body and a booming sound entered the air. Everyone mostly ignored it until Tim touched Lex's shoulder and said "do you feel that?" She stopped fanning herself and Tim climbed back over the seat. The cups of water on the dashboard rippled with each boom. "Maybe it's the power trying to come back on." Gennaro said as he looked around. Tim put the goggles back on and looked towards the paddock. "What is that?" Lex asked. Olive pointed to the paddock and said "the goat's gone." Dwayne's eyes shot open and he looked over. Lex breathed heavily and said "where's the goat?" A goat's leg dropped onto the glass roof. Blood started to swirl around on the glass, mixing with the rain water. Lex and Gennaro gasped and Olive covered her mouth. Dwayne's eyes widened and I went to open my mouth when a growling sound stopped me. I looked up at the paddock, seeing the T-Rex. She swallowed the goat and her eyes drifted down towards the car. "Oh Jesus! Oh Jesus!" Gennaro said as he got out of the car and ran for the bathroom. Lex stared at the open car door and said "he left us! He left us!" "Looks like you got see more dinosaurs on your tour." Rooster said. I shook my head and said "I take it back. She's terrifying." Lex panted softly and the sound of the cables snapping entered the air. I watched the fence start to crumble and break. It started to lean and then crashed on the ground. Lex turned around and looked at the car behind us. "Dr. Grant?" The T-Rex stepped out of the paddock and let out a roar. Dwayne's mouth hung agape and Olive watched fearfully. "Rooster, what do we do?" I asked. Rooster stared at the large dinosaur and said "stay in the car." Lex crawled over the seat and went into the chest, pulling out a flashlight. She shined the light in the sky which attracted the dinosaur. Dwayne shook his head and shook the seat in front of him, starting to hyperventilate. "Lex, quit it!" Rooster snapped. Dwayne pointed at the light and shook his head, his hands going up into his hair. "Dwayne?" Olive said. He pointed to the door and then the light and kept shaking his head. Dwayne grabbed the seat in front of him and shook it, then grabbing the door handle, motioning to close the door. As the T-Rex approached us, Tim said "turn the light off!" Then she stopped, looking for the beam of light that was no longer in the sky. Tim hesitantly reached for the car door and closed it. That got her attention. We all stared up at her in shock as she started to sniff the car, trying to figure out a way to get inside. Lex's breath hitched as she was now eye to eye with the T-Rex, shining the light in it's eye. Tim gasped softly and then the T-Rex let out a roar.