010

Chapter tenRestoring Power (2)Stella's POV:After we all rested for about twenty minutes, we started our trek once again

Chapter ten
Restoring Power (2)
Stella's POV:
After we all rested for about twenty minutes, we started our trek once again. When we reached the perimeter fence, it was a relief. The question was, would we get shocked if we touched it? Grant climbed up onto the ledge and threw a stick at the fence. "Guess that means the power's off." He said. Grant held his hands out in front of him, going to touch the fence. Chris' eyes widened and Goose said "are you sure you wanna-" He was cut off by Grant screaming. Lex screamed and backed away while Tim covered his face. Dwayne jumped back and stumbled, landing on the ground. Olive stared with her mouth hanging agape and I quickly buried my face into Rooster's chest. Grant then stopped screaming and the only thing I could think was he was dead. He died. "That's not funny." Lex's voice said. I looked up to see Grant smirking down at all of us.

Tim laughed and said "that was great

Tim laughed and said "that was great." Lex glared at her younger brother and Chris said "that shit ain't funny." Rooster chuckled softly and I hit his arm. "Stop." I said. "It's kinda funny." He said while shrugging. I turned around to see Dwayne shaking his head up at Grant who laughed at the glare on Dwayne's face. I offered my hand to him and he took it. He huffed through his nose and a dinosaur roar entered the air. My eyes widened and everyone seemed to start climbing up onto the ledge. Dwayne made sure to help Olive up while Grant helped Tim. We all then started climbing the fence. It wasn't too difficult. Lex seemed to be rushing but was stopped by Grant. "Hey, Tim I bet I could climb up and be on the other side before you could even get to the top." She said. Tim quirked an eyebrow and said "what would you give me?" "Respect." Lex replied. "Come on, guys. It's not a race." Grant told them. I swung my leg over the top and took a breath once I made it to the other side. "Come on, girl. Almost there." Rooster patted my hip. I nodded at him and tried not to look down. Dwayne swung his leg over and stopped next to me. He gave me a thumbs up with a face that said 'are you ok?' I nodded and gave him a thumbs up. Dwayne helped Olive over the top and then started climbing down. I made my way down slowly, not wanting to fall. Once I reached the ledge, I was relieved. Rooster held his arms out and said "come on. I'll catch you." I jumped off the ledge and Rooster caught me with ease. I trembled and hung onto him as he set me on the ground gently. "You ok?" He asked softly. I nodded and said "yeah. I just didn't want to fall. I have this fear of falling." Rooster rubbed my back and said "I won't let you fall." I half smiled at him and an alarm started to go off. The lights on the fence started to flash and Tim lost his footing and almost fell. A small scream left his lips and he tried to make his way down quickly. Lex hopped down, looking up at her brother. Goose and Maverick got off the fence and onto the ledge. Chris looked at me and said "Stella, you good?" "Yeah. I'm ok." Chris gave me a curt nod and looked up at everyone who was still on the fence. Dwayne hopped off the ledge and winced. He breathed heavily through his nose and I said "Dwayne, your leg." He held the makeshift bandage around his leg and then looked up at the fence. Tim and Olive were still on the fence and were moving slowly. "Tim. Tim, you have to jump." Grant said. Tim turned his head to look at him. "YOU CRAZY?! IM NOT GONNA JUMP!" Tim yelled. Olive gasped and said "I can't jump!" Dwayne pulled himself up onto the ledge and started to climb up to where Olive was. She wrapped her arms and legs around him as he started to climb down. "Tim, do what Dr. Grant says!" Lex said as she pulled at her hair. Grant started to count down for Tim to jump. Dwayne set Olive on the ledge and looked at me. He pointed to Olive and I stepped forward, putting Olive on the ground next to me. "Lex, I gotta get Tim." Grant said. Dwayne looked up at Tim and started making his way back up. "Ok, I'm gonna count to three." Tim said. "Tim, Dwayne's coming up to get you." I called out. Tim looked down at Dwayne and Dwayne reached up to grab Tim. "Let's both jump." Dwayne shook his head at him and motioned for Tim to climb down where he was. "One. Two-" My eyes widened as the both of them were shocked by the fence. Tim went flying and Grant caught him. Rooster rushed towards the ledge and caught Dwayne. "Timmy! Timmy!" Lex yelled. Grant shook his head and said "he's not breathing." I gasped and Rooster laid Dwayne on the ground. I leaned down to Dwayne's level and Olive said "Dwayne! Dwayne, wake up!" I looked at Rooster and said "he's not breathing, Bradley. Bradley, he's not breathing." Rooster looked down at Dwayne and Lex started to cry. She pulled at her hair and fell to her knees. I pushed Rooster out of the way and started doing CPR on Dwayne. Grant did the same to Tim. Tears welled up into Olive's eyes. "Stella, help him! I don't want Dwayne to go away! I-I know what it means when you die!" Chris knelt down and said "Stel..." "Chris, I already know what you're going to say. Just let me help him." I said. Rooster held Olive in his lap as she cried. We had made it out of the dinosaur's enclosure but we were now dealing with two possible deaths.

Hunter's POV:
My mom had her radio on and was conversing with John and Malcolm. The maintenance shed was dark and it was cold. Layla looked around at the discarded objects that were knocked over. John was currently giving us directions which were wrong and he couldn't seem to direct us in the right direction. "Uh, Ellie, look above you. There should be a large bundle and uh pipes heading in the same direction. Follow that." Malcom's voice said. "Ok, following the piping." Mom confirmed. I looked up and saw that what Malcom was talking about. This would definitely lead us to the control box. "We're literally in a horror movie right now." Layla joked. I rolled my eyes and said "shut up." As we went further into the building, the colder it seemed to get. "I see the box. It says high voltage." Mom said. The three of us were now standing in front of the control box. "You have to pump up the primer handle in order to get the charge. It's large, flat, and gray." John said. Mom pumped the handle four times so it would be charged up. "There's going to be a round green button which will say push to close." "Push to close. Ok." "Push it." Mom pushed the button and the box came alive with light. The three of us jumped and I noticed all the different locations we had to turn on. Mom started at the top and started switching the power on.

Visitors Center
Welcome Center
Raptor Paddock
T-Rex Paddock
Perimeter Fence

The perimeter fence was the last one we had to turn on. There was about fifteen of them. The anticipation was killing me. Was the power going to come back on or not. I just hoped Stella and everyone else weren't near the fences. 10'000 volts would easily kill them. Once mom reached the bottom, all the lights in the shed started to turn on. Layla stared up at the lights as they all came on. I smiled at Layla and she let out a breath. "Mr. Hammond, I think we're back in business!" Mom said happily. A screeching sound cut off our excitement and my mom turned around to see a velociraptor. "Oh my god!" Mom screamed. Layla fell back and backed away. My mother grabbed my arm and shoved me behind her. "Goddamn!" Mom slammed the door so the raptor couldn't get us. It was a chain link door so it'd only hold for a small while. Mom backed to the wall and then Mr. Arnold's arm fell onto her shoulder. "Oh, Mr. Arnold." I screamed as I saw it was a severed arm. Mom dropped the arm and hyperventilated as she dropped it. The raptor jumped onto the door, pulling the fencing from the door. The three of us then took off running. Layla grabbed my hand and started pulling me through the shed. Layla and I went up the stairs and ran through the jungle. Once we reached a safe distance the two of us knelt down behind a log. I panted and said "oh my god." "What?" Layla said. "We left my mom." Layla gasped and then said "your shoulder." I looked to see a scratch and furrowed my eyebrows. I then remembered the raptor jumping on the door and me being right next to it. The raptor's claw must've nicked me. "Does it hurt?" Layla asked. I shook my head and said "I can't even feel it." Layla let out a shaky breath and said "you got hurt, Hunter." "I'm fine. It's not that big of a deal." Layla looked around and said "I don't even have anything to wrap it with." "Let's try to go back to the visitors center. There'll be something there." I suggested. Layla nodded and said "ok. Let's go and try not to get eaten."

Here's the update!! I can't believe Jurassic Park is almost over and then we'll be moving into the second movie and then be finished. I'm lowkey sad
~skylar🦕🦖🦕🦖