08

Chapter eight The Brachiosaurus and the Butterflies Stella's POV:"Are you hearing this?" Lex gasped as the T-Rex roared

Chapter eight
The Brachiosaurus and the Butterflies
Stella's POV:
"Are you hearing this?" Lex gasped as the T-Rex roared. Grant started pushing Tim towards a tree and said "come on, Tim. Come on, hurry up. We have to get up this tree." Tim immediately started whining. "I don't want to. Oh man. I hate trees." He started to climb up with Grant's help. "They don't bother me." Lex said. Tim scoffed and said "oh yeah, well you weren't in the last one." I set Olive down and said "I'll be right behind you." Olive nodded and started climbing up. Goose and Maverick started to do the same. Dwayne stared up at the tree, reaching for a branch to pull himself up. I made sure I was directly behind Olive in case she were to slip. I pushed her up onto a large branch as I pulled myself up. Dwayne winced as he reached the small but large area Grant had stopped at. Rooster went past me along with his father. Olive held her hand out and Dwayne pulled her up. He made sure she was away from the edge and Dwayne offered his hand to me. I took his hand and he pulled me up. "Thank you." He nodded and sat down, Olive sitting next to him. Everyone started to make their own spot so we could all rest. I took a spot next to Rooster who leaned back against the tree trunk. Dwayne was on the other side of me, wincing as he stretched his leg out. "Let me know if you have any pain or if anything gets worse." I told him. Dwayne nodded and closed his eyes, a small sigh leaving his lips. Olive leaned her head on his arm and he protectively put his arm around her. "Hey! Those are brontosaurus's I mean uh, brachiosaurus." Tim said as he pointed to the group of dinosaurs. They made noises to each other and Grant said "they're singing." Everyone seemed to look over in awe, enjoying the sounds. Grant started to make noises at the brachiosaurus's that were surrounding our tree. A few of them looked over and Lex began to hit his leg. "Shh! Shh! Don't make the monsters come over here!" Grant shook his head and said "they're not monsters, Lex. They're animals. These are herbivores." "That means the only eat vegetables but for you I think they'd make an exception." Tim said in a matter of fact tone. "Tim." Grant reprimanded. Lex scoffed softly and said "well, I hate the other kind." Dwayne looked at the dinosaurs in shock, seeming to be slightly amazed. "The other kind just do what they do." Grant said as he started to make himself as comfortable as he could. "How's your thigh?" Rooster asked me. I said "it's a little better now. It's kind of throbbing." He frowned and said "I'm sorry." "It could be worse." I replied. I looked at the scratches on Rooster's arms and the small ones littering his face. I then noticed the large cut on his hand. "Bradley..." I said his full name. He furrowed his eyebrows and I held his hand in mine. "Why didn't you wrap this?" He shrugged and said "I had to help you. And to be honest, I didn't even feel it." He reached for my thigh high sock, pulling it over the piece of his Hawaiian shirt he wrapped around my thigh. I bit my lip to hold in my wince and he said "the pressure will stop it from bleeding." "I need to wrap your hand." I went to pull another piece of my tank top off and he said "if you rip off any more of that shirt, you won't have any shirt left." "Well, I have to make sure your hand isn't bleeding all over the place." I told him. He rolled his eyes and I wrapped up his hand as best I could. He half smiled at me and said "you didn't have to do that." "You helped me so I'll help you." Rooster nodded and Tim said "what do you call a blind dinosaur?" "I don't know, what do you call a blind dinosaur?" Grant asked. "A do-you-think-he-saurus." Grant chuckled along with scattered laughs from the rest of the group. Dwayne laughed through his nose, a faint smile appearing on his face. "What do you call a blind dinosaur's dog?" "You got me." "A do-you-think-he-saurus-rex." Grant let out a laugh and Lex said "Alan?" "Yeah?" "What if the dinosaurs come back while we're all asleep?" That made Olive sit up and Grant said "well, I'll stay awake?" "All night?" Lex looked at him, concern on her face. "All night." He confirmed. Olive slowly laid her head on Dwayne's chest and he closed his eyes. I laid down on my side as best I could, curling up into a ball. I closed my eyes and from the exhaustion from the day, I almost immediately fell asleep.