07

Chapter seven The Falling Car and the T-Rex ChaseStella's POV:"Timmy? Tim?" Grant called up towards the tree

Chapter seven
The Falling Car and the T-Rex Chase
Stella's POV:
"Timmy? Tim?" Grant called up towards the tree. Lex whimpered as she stared up at the car. "Lex, I'm gonna look after you but I gotta go help your brother, so I want you to stay right here and wait for me." Grant told her. Lex hyperventilated and said "he left us. He left us!" "That's not what I'm gonna do. And neither are they. Ok?" Lex nodded while looking at him. "Stay here." Grant went to the tree and I walked over to the rushing water from the large pipe. Lex got inside of it, pulling her legs to her chest. There wasn't any water where she was sitting. I started rinsing the mud off me as best I could. Rooster stood next to me, watching my every move. The water on my body felt amazing considering I was filthy. "Come here, Olive." I told her. She stepped over and I washed the mud off her face and upper body. "Mud is gross." She pouted. I nodded and said "yeah. But, I'm gonna get it off of you as best I can." Olive had some scratches on her arms and for the most part was uninjured. When I was finished with her I rinsed myself off again, feeling like I hadn't got enough of of the mud off. Rooster grabbed me and I said "what're-" "Your leg." I looked down at my thigh where a small cut was. I gulped and said "oh." Dwayne's eyes widened as he looked at my thigh and Rooster peeled my thigh high sock down and said "shit." "Is it bad?" "I'm gonna wrap it for you. Here." He ripped off a piece of his Hawaiian shirt and tied it to my thigh. I winced as it was tight, squeezing Rooster's hand. "I got you. You're ok." I nodded and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Dwayne's hair was covered in mud and he approached the running water, sticking his head under it. His black hair was now a mop on his head as he shook it out. His nose was bleeding and small scratches littered his arms. A large hole laid right on the knee of his jeans and his knee was scraped. He wiped his nose that wouldn't stop bleeding. "Are you having a nosebleed or did you hit your nose?" Rooster said. Dwayne stared at him with an annoyed look. He patted his pockets and immediately huffed. "Here you go, Dwayne." Olive said as she handed him a notepad. He furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. He knelt down to her level and took the pencil from her.

How??

Olive was currently rubbing her eyes and Dwayne shook the notepad, wanting her to answer. Olive pointed to the backpack Rooster's dad was carrying. "I picked up your notepad and he kept it safe." Dwayne looked at Goose and thanked him with his notepad. Goose nodded and said "of course." The sound of tree branches snapping entered the air. The car was falling down the tree while Grant and Tim were scrambling to get out of it. Once they reached the ground, the car came down on top of them. My eyes widened and Tim said "well, we're back in the car again." "Well, at least you're out of the tree." Grant replied. The two of them climbed out from under the car and Lex climbed out of the tube. "Timmy." Lex said. She examined him for injuries and like Lex it was mostly scrapes and scratches. "Let's go." Grant said. He started walking and we all started trailing behind him. I kept Olive in front of me as Dwayne walked behind me. I could hear him wincing behind me. I looked over my shoulder and said "Dwayne?" He waved his hand at me, signaling he was ok. I turned back around even though he was worrying me. He then yelped in pain, falling into the ground. "Dwayne!" Olive said. I knelt down and said "where does it hurt?" Dr. Grant quickly turned around and came over. "What happened?" Dwayne pointed to his leg and I slowly lifted his pant leg. "That's a nasty cut." Dwayne wrote on his notepad and shook it in front of my face.