013

Chapter thirteen The Control Room and The Dinosaur BonesStella's POV:Grant and Ellie pushed us all into the control room

Chapter thirteen
The Control Room and The Dinosaur Bones
Stella's POV:
Grant and Ellie pushed us all into the control room. "We can call for help?" Lex asked. Ellie rushed to the computer. "We have to reboot the system first!" Grant stood by the door with Goose. "The door locks! Ellie, boot up, the door locks!" He said. He turned to the small window in the door. A raptor sat there, reaching the door handle. Kenny took a step closer to the door and said "she's marvelous." Dwayne looked at him with wide eyes and Rooster said "sit down. I'm cleaning your leg." He pushed Dwayne on the floor and Olive stared at the door in shock. Kenny watched as the raptor pulled on the door handle and tried desperately to get into the room. Rooster lifted Dwayne's pant leg and took off the makeshift bandage. "Oh, that's nasty." Dwayne's eyes widened and he said "what's wrong with it?" "It's just a nasty cut. I'm gonna disinfect it for you." "Ellie, get back! Boot up, the door locks!" Grand said as he pushed on the door. "You can't hold it by yourself!" Ellie yelled. Lex looked at the computer and said "it's a UNIX system. I know this. It's all the files of the whole park. It tells them everything. I gotta find the right file." Tim stood next to her, watching everything she did. "You're going to hack into that?!" Chris asked. Lex turned to look at him and said "yeah. I know how." Layla and Hunter stood with Lex and Rooster poured peroxide and alcohol into Dwayne's wound. "OW! FUCK! OW, STOP!" Dwayne pushed Rooster's hands away from him and Rooster said "stop! I'm gonna patch you up right now!" I knelt down besides Rooster and tried to help keep Dwayne calm. "Deep breaths. Deep breaths." Dwayne inhaled through his nose and a groan of pain came out of his nose. "Hey, it's almost over." "Yeah, it better be." Dwayne replied with a scoff. Olive's mouth hung agape at Grant and Ellie trying to hold the door closed from the bloodthirsty raptor on the other side.

Hunter's POV:
"Try to reach the gun!" Grant told my mom. I watched my mom desperately try to reach for the gun that was only a few centimeters away. "I can't get it unless I move!" I went to kick it towards her and she shook her head. "Stay back! Stay back, Hunter!" Layla stood over Lex and said "what about that one?" She pointed at the screen. Lex clicked on it and said "this might be the right file. Wait, it's coming." The file came closer to the screen and Lex shook her head. "This isn't the right file." She mumbled. "I'll take a shot at it." Mav said. Goose looked at him and said "no!" "They gotta close the damn door! Just let me shoot it!" Mav aimed the gun at the raptor and mom said "no! No! No!" "Are you crazy?!" Grant yelled. Dwayne covered his ears and said "shut up!" Rooster looked at Dwayne and said "hey, look at me. You're doing great. I'm almost finished. I'm wrapping it up and it's gonna feel much better." Dwayne slowly removed his hands from his ears and Olive sat down next to Dwayne, leaning her head on his shoulder. "Come on, Lex!" Tim said. I turned back to the computer and Lex clicked on the right file, fixing things in the park. "You got it?!" Tim asked. "Yes!" Lex exclaimed. Grant was able to close and lock the door. "Yes!" "Yes!" "Yes!" The kids cheered. Layla grabbed me by my face and kissed me. I melted into the kiss, my hands going to her waist to pull her closer to me. Layla moaned against my lips and then slowly pulled away. "What works?" Grant said. Lex looked up at him and said "phones, security systems. You name it, we got it." Grant then grabbed the phone and went to call Hammond. "You guys kissed." Olive said. She was now standing next to us. Layla chuckled and said "that we did." I looked down to hide my blush. "Oh my god." Dwayne groaned. Kenny stood next to him and said "are you ok?" "I think so." Stella giggled and said "told you it wasn't so bad." "Ha ha." Dwayne replied sarcastically. The sound of glass breaking entered the air. Lex gasped and mom said "it's gonna cut through the glass!" Grant and Maverick started shooting the glass. Grant rushed around the room to find a ladder and started telling us all to go up into the ceiling. Stella made sure Olive went ahead of her and Rooster was behind her. "I'll go first. You stay right behind me." Layla told me. I nodded at her and said "I will."