019

Chapter nineteenThe Baby Tyrannosaur and the High HideStella's POV:I shielded my face as the baby dinosaur's tail swung around in the car

Chapter nineteen
The Baby Tyrannosaur and the High Hide
Stella's POV:
I shielded my face as the baby dinosaur's tail swung around in the car. He wailed and wailed. I was sure every dinosaur on the island could heat it, including his parents. "Aunt Sarah, we can't!" Layla said. Sarah turned to look at her and said "we have to help him!" Nick sped through the jungle, leaves and sticks hitting the windshield. The storm was definitely coming. Thunder boomed and lightning cracked in the sky. "You can't take this thing wherever you're going!" Rooster said. "Listen, kid I don't know who you are so shut the hell up!" Sarah shot back. I started to think about my father. I shook my head and said "Sarah, my dad." "Ian will just have to deal with this. You go inside and warn him." When we pulled up to the trailers, I rushed inside. The rain has started to pour and I closed the door behind me. "Stella." Kelly said with a smile. I looked at my dad and then looked at Kelly. "What?" Kelly looked concerned and then Sarah came in with the baby dinosaur. "No! No! No! Honey, no!" Dad said. Sarah and Nick cleared off one of the tables, putting the baby rex on it. His leg was broken and Sarah was determined to fix it. Kelly grabbed my arm as she stood behind me. Layla and Hunter panted softly as they watched the scene in front of them. "Dad, I don't wanna be here. I wanna go. I wanna be safe." Kelly said. I held Kelly close to me and said "we'll go. Me and you." Chris looked at me and said "let's both take her. That way she's safe with both of us." I nodded and Jordan ran a hand through his hair. "Oh man. Oh man. Oh man." He said as he paced back and forth. Olive stared at the dinosaur in shock. Rooster looked around the trailer, seeing all the tech inside. "Hammond set y'all up pretty nice, huh?" Nick looked at Rooster and said "yeah. He did. What's it to you?" He shook his head and dad said "what're you doing here?!" "Doesn't matter! Y'all need to be safe!" I looked at him and said "we don't need your help." Rooster looked at me, his face softening. "Stella, I..." "I wanna go now! Dad, please! It's not safe here!" Kelly said as she clung to me. Eddie came inside and his eyes widened. "I'll take her to the high hide. Come on." Dad nodded and said "get in the car let's go. We're going to the high hide until you're done with this." Sarah waved at him, barely acknowledging him. Hunter sighed and said "I'm gonna stay." "Be careful." I told her. Eddie and dad got in the front seat while I was in the backseat with Kelly, Olive, Chris and Rooster who had decided to tag along. When we reached the high hide, Eddie used the remote to send us up. The caged contraption rattled and whirred as we started to move up through the trees. "You're safe here." Eddie said. Kelly seemed relieved but a bit more stressed. Olive pulled her hair into a ponytail and said "the dinosaurs can't get us up here?" "No. You're perfectly safe." Rooster grabbed my arm and pulled me close to where he stood. I yanked my arm from him and said "leave me alone." "Stella, don't be mad. I need to talk to you." "Can we do this later? Please?" Rooster nodded with a defeated look on his face. "Can I just have a hug?" He asked softly. I sighed and hugged him. Rooster held me tight, squeezing me. I closed my eyes, relishing in the feelings of being in his arms again. I wrapped my arms around his middle, leaning my head on his chest. My father still hadn't said a word to me and was talking about going back to the trailers to see if it was safe. "I'll be right back up. You stay here with Chris and Stella. You have my word I'll be back." "But you never keep your word!" Kelly said to him, her eyes glistening with tears. Her lip quivered as she tried desperately not to cry. I went to pull away from Rooster and he held me in place. I slowly pushed his arms off of me and went to stand with Kelly. "I mean it this time, Kelly. I want you to stay up here with your brother and sister and I'll be right back. You'll be safe here. You have my word ok?" I put my arm protectively around Kelly and looked away from my father as he made eye contact with me. Eddie gave dad some grappling gear and he went crashing down into the trees. "I would've squeezed the rope a little bit harder." Eddie mumbled. Kelly looked over the side and Olive sat down. A thumping sound made all of us look around. My eyes went to the trees that were currently crashing and shaking. Growls accompanied those sounds. My eyes widened as my mind went back to being trapped in that car as a Tyrannosaurus Rex tried to push it off a cliff. "They're just passing through." Chris said. I nodded to ease my nerves and pushed my hair out of my face as the rain kept pouring down.

Hunter's POV:
"Spit." Sarah said as she held her hand out. Nick then spat a loogie into her hand. "Ugh! Your gum!" Sarah groaned. Nick then removed the bubble gum from his mouth, handing it to Sarah. Jordan wiped the blood of the baby's leg and slowly stroked it's head. "You're ok. You're ok." He said softly. The baby dinosaur has calmed down for the most part and he would be ok once Sarah finished her work. Layla sat down in a chair, observing quietly. The phone rang and rang but Sarah forbade anyone answering the phone. I assumed it was Ian wanting to know what was going on. I stood next to Sarah, watching her every move. The rain pounded on the trailer door and all of a sudden the door opened. "For once in your life, would it kill you to pick it up?" Ian said as he came into the trailer, the phone ringing. "We have to get this thing out of here." He went to grab the dinosaur and Sarah shook her head. "No! No!" She protested. A crashing sound made everyone go silent. One of the cars went rolling by, falling off the cliff. None of us said a word. Except Ian. And the words he said would haunt me for the rest of our time here.

The next update is coming soon soon!!
~skylar🦖🦕🦖🦕