29

And just when I thought everything is going on smoothly, things went on beyond my calculations. I should've not felt too complacent.

"Do you think it will lure them?" I am not sure but reality won't be denied. They will think I am agreeing with their plans again just because they never thought about something else but money.

"It will only be a month, we won't lose contact. And that was a fake annulment. No one's breaking free from this marriage." I assured my wife.

We have been talking about it for almost half a day but we are still on it. Of course, I can't just take away her doubts, she has been left behind by the man he loved.

And this situation I am insisting is like a knock on the door of her traumatic past. Napamakamot na lang ako sa kilay ko bago ko siya nakitang lumabas ng kwarto. Mula sa swivel chair ko ay lumipat ako at naupo sa dulo ng kama.

My forehead creased, is she that mad she doesn't want to sleep with me anymore? She will be leaving to Vegas tomorrow afternoon and this is the last time I can hold her, I need to wait for a month to-

Why am I thinking too much? Of course she's not sleeping in the master's bedroom. When she came back, she's holding a pouch on her left hand, wait, is that her kit?

I looked up at her when she stopped infront of me. With a smile in her face she waved her pouch.

My brow arc, "What's that?"

She didn't say anything. She straddled on my lap before opening her pouch. My hands automatically envelope her waist in a protective manner to support her from falling.

She showed me something I don't know but she was too excited. What could that possibly be?

"I love the shape of your eyebrow but it's too thick, can I?" She beamed. Oh, so it was for the eyebrows, huh.

With my heart beating erratically due to our closeness I smiled warmly at her before nodding my head.

"Do as you please," besides wala rin naman akong magagawa. I am glad to follow what you order because like what I have said, I am under your spell.

She started trimming my left eyebrow. Nakatitig lang ako sa kaniya habang abala siya sa ginagawa.

She looked even more gorgeous when she's serious and she's this close to me, I can see all the details in her face. I swallowed hard, damn this is torture.

May nagigising. Calm down buddy.

Nakahinga ako nang maluwag nang umusog siya pero nadadala talaga ako sa ganda ng kaniyang ngiti. Happiness suit her best. And I could stare at this face all day.

Mariin niyang sinipat ang kilay ko bago siya umayos ng upo sa kandungan ko.

Breathe, Kristoff.

Inabot niyang muli ang kilay ko, ang kanan niyang kamay ay nakahawak sa trimmer at ang kaliwa ay nasa noo ko, ang hinlalaki ay nakaalalay sa itaas ng kilay ko.

Hinipan niya nang marahan upang liparin ang maliliit na hibla ng buhok bago niya pasadaan ng kanan niyang hinlalaki ang itaas ng mata ko sa ilalim ng kilay.