Goodbye

I woke up alone, not really surpised just a little shocked

I woke up alone, not really surpised just a little shocked. I sat up feeling my muscles ache. I slept pretty good last night, meaning I might be able to get something's done today. I picked up the baby monitor that sat on the side of the bed. Val was still sleep by the looks of things. I checked the time and it was ten pm. I heard my door open and my head snapped up attentive.

It was just Jovian. He looked irritated but he tried to hide it. "Franklin called. We have a tournament next week, I gotta head back today." Oh. I knew this wasn't going to last forever. Obviously, nothing good last forever in my life.

Now I feel confused, confused about why we went on a date in the first place. What is this? What are we? I can't deal with inconsistency in my life right now. I don't want to have a on and off thing. I don't want to hold hands and kiss someone and it not mean anything.

"You have something to say." I shook my head looking at the baby monitor. It's time for Val to get a toddler bed. At this point she can easily climb out of her crib. "Say something."

"Okay." I shrugged, giving him my undivided attention. "What are we?"

"Whatever you want us to be."

I thought about his answer. "What if I want us to date.. but like take it slow?"

He nodded "Then that's exactly what we're going to do."

I bit the inside of my cheek "When are you leaving?"

"My flight isn't until tonight. I want to take you and Val somewhere before I go." I stood up and walked to my dresser. I grabbed my phone looking at a text from hades . I turned around bracing my hands on the dresser.

"I actually have something to do today." I said nonchalantl. Maybe this isn't a good idea to lie to him then turn up somewhere with Hades.

"Oh." He answered shortly "what's up today?" Of course more questions. He sounded curious but deep down I know he can see through my bullshit.

"You know... the usual." I turned my back to him and picked up my lotion, rubbing it on my hands.

"Hm the usual." Jovian stood up slowly approaching me.

I cut my eye at him "Since when are you concerned about my whereabouts?"

"Since always." He gave me a dimpled smile before taking the lotion bottle from my hands and putting some on his hands. He gently pushed my curls off my shoulder, dang it I forgot to put on my bonnet last night. I need to get braids asap.

His cold hand made contact to my shoulder, sending chills down my spine. "You're tensed"
I leaned into his touch as he slowly massaged my shoulders. His lips found their way to my neck gently biting down. Oh god. Right as I closed my eyes I heard Val cries. "I swear she knows." Of course he thinks she knows. Hell, I think she knows.

"My services are being requested." I smiled before walking to Val room following the cries. Once I got Val I changed her diaper and started her bath.

As she ran around the bathroom with a pad on her forehead, I ran her bath water. Thinking of pads I haven't had a period in like two years. The last period I had was before I found out I was pregnant. I did have complications with Val and that messed with my cycle, but I also take these birth control pills that makes my period like disappear. I don't mind though.