Her pain.

Sweat dripped down my face as I pumped my calves to go faster

Sweat dripped down my face as I pumped my calves to go faster. Working out has been kicking my ass lately. Mostly because I can't stop thinking about her. How she hasn't talked to me. How she's upset with me. It's been three days since I've seen or talked to her.

"Come on Anderson! You're runnin like a lil bitch" Lee shouted behind me.

"Fuck off" I waved him off- he's behind me talking shit.

Once we did our regular basketball drills, I did a little extra to keep my mind occupied but it didn't help much. So I locked up at the gym and left. When I got in the car my phone started to ring. I answered it while turning on my car.

"Sup" I answered the phone waiting for the person on the other end to speak. I didn't have time to glance at caller Id.

"Yo. Kia is freaking out because she hasn't seen Jules or Rosen for three days"  Ansel was on the other side of the phone.

Shit. "Did she go back to her apartment?"  I asked pulling out of the parking lot.

"Fuck no. Listen man, we think she got results about Rosen. The best we can do is get Kayden to talk to her attorney since his family. He can probably find out more"

"Ight. Keep me updated" I hung up the phone. Jules disappearing is normal sometimes. She'll go all the way to fucking France just for icecream then come back a week later completely normal. That's something that I love about Jules. She's unpredictable. But her leaving out of thin air after not talking to anyone anymore is really weird.

Kayden supposedly got released today.after he went fucking awol, there was some news reports a few towns over about him being involved with deep shit. Hell coach might have to drop him after this mess.

Decided to drop by my mom's house to see how Ellie's doing. Last time I checked she was heartbroken after this guy ghosted her. My little sister is very fragile, and she doesn't open up to us. After shit with dad went down Ellie went mute for a year then we got her to start talking. But she has horrible anxiety attacks around people. I just worry about her all the time.

Unlocking the door, I didn't see my mom's car in the driveway.  "Ellie" I called out, tossing my keys on the kitchen counter.

I heard nothing as I went to her room to check on her. I knocked on her door. "what" she answered, swinging open the door. Her hair was green with blonde streaks and red dye covered her whole neck.

"Moms going to beat your ass-" I paused, trying not to laugh. One thing about ma is communication is key. She wants us to express ourselves but going behind her back to do something-

"Shut up. Please help me"

"I don't think this" I motioned to her hair "is fixable. Why the fuck would you even do this?" I pushed my way through her room to go to her bathroom. I read the box of coloring and she used bleach.