Us

I winced at the pain as I peed in the cup

I winced at the pain as I peed in the cup. I stared down at my bruised thighs as tears Sprung my eyes. I was late.. this wasn't the first time I've been late after... something like this.

I can't be pregnant.. I never actually had sex before. How would I explain that to my child that their father was a monster and a rapist?

I waited..
And waited..
please let it be negative.

When the timer went off I turned it off. My hands shook as I picked up the stick. A nausea feeling crept up to my throat. My eyes were dry yet filled with tears.

It was positive.

Angry tears fell out of my eyes. I can't take care of myself let alone a child. I let out a sob I've been holding in almost felt like forever. I felt a pain aching in my chest.

Matthew got what he wanted.

For me to suffer.

There was a knock at the door snapping me out of my trance. I cleaned myself up and went to the door. Fear and confusion both lingered in my chest.

"Oh hey Jules I'm looking for Kaiz?" Cassie. Kaiz new flavor for the week. She looked me up and down. Her face turning into slight horror. "Oh my- what happened to you?"

They wouldn't believe me. They never do. I'm just the girl making silly accusations. Who's just screaming for attention. I wrapped my arms tighter around myself. "Nothing.. um Kai isn't here." I looked down at the floor avoiding Cassie big blue eyes staring at me.

"Are you alrigh-" she touched my arm but I flinched back automatically.  "I'm sorry I didn't-"

"It's fine. It's fine" I assured her, even though I was still shaking.

"Jules are you sure you okay?"

I clutched my arm tighter. I nodded in response.

She gasped staring at my arm terror "You're bleeding" I looked down to see a blotched red stain on my grey sweatshirt. "Can I come in?" I suddenly remembered the blood spot on the carpet.. from that night.

"Jules.. you know you can tell me if something's happened." A knowing look lingered in her eyes. I hit my lip to muffle all the words I wanted to say. I was silenced.

"I talked to Hades.. truth be told I came over to check on you. I know we don't talk a lot but I want you to know I understand.." hades told her? He kinda forced it out of me and sent me into a panic attack...

She sat outside my dorm, as she slid down the wall inviting me over. I slightly winced as I took a seat next
To her. It happened a month ago but the bruises and the pain feels new. My doctor prescribed me a pain reliever and sent me home.