TWO

(CHAPTER 2 - BROKEN)

🦢🗡

On Storybrooke's Main Street, Elias was crouched in front of Henry with his hands on Henry's shoulders.

"I wanna help," Henry said.

"I know, and to be honest, we could use your knowledge, but for my peace of mind, I gave you up as a baby, I hated myself for ages and seeing you lifeless on that hospital bed...I felt my life crush into a million pieces...I don't want to see that again...ever. Please, for me, go with Ruby," Elias said.

Henry looked at him and nodded, "Okay," Henry said.

"Thanks, kid," Elias said and stood up as Henry got inside Ruby's car, and Elias shut the door.

"He'll be fine with me, Elias, promise," Ruby said.

"Keep him safe, Ruby," Elias said.

"I promise," Ruby said and Elias smiled at her before Ruby got into her car, and drove off.

Mary Margaret, David and Athena watched as Emma walked to Elias, "You're doing good," Emma whispered.

"Taken me ten years..." Elias said, quietly.

"That doesn't seem to matter to him," Emma said.

"Yeah, he can move on with me giving him up, but we can't do that with our parents...we have no room to talk," Elias whispered.

"We don't..." Emma whispered.

David looked at Mary Margaret, "Don't push it, Snow," David said as he turned back to his children.

"I'm not..." Mary Margaret said.

Elias and Emma walked up to them, "You guys ready?" Emma asked.

Mary Margaret stepped towards the twins, "We need to talk," Mary Margaret said.

"We...well, we don't...we just...we don't wanna talk," Elias said.

"But I do, okay? Gold can wait. I can't. You're my children, and I wanna talk to you two," Mary Margaret said.

"I need alcohol for this conversation," Elias said.

"Elias," David said.

"I'm just gonna..." Athena said and started to back away, but David grabbed her wrist, pulling her back.

"Welcome to the family, sis," David said, quietly and Athena sighed.

"I know that we've talked, but we didn't know that we were talking. And we talked about things we probably shouldn't have even talked about. One-night stands and the like," Mary Margaret said.

"One-night stands?" David asked as the twins and Athena glanced at each other awkwardly.

"Whale," Mary Margaret said.