TWENTY THREE

(CHAPTER 23 - IN THE NAME OF THE BROTHER)

🦢🗡

At the town line, Mr Gold held an injured and confused Belle while Captain Hook was unconscious on the side of the road, and the 'outsider' was still in the crashed car. Sirens could be heard in the distance, approaching the scene of the crash.

"Who are you? What's going on?" Belle asked.

"Shh...let me...let me," Mr Gold used magic to heal Belle's wound, "All better. Good," Mr Gold said.

"How did you do that?" Belle asked.

"It's nothing to be afraid of," Mr Gold said.

"Get away," Belle said.

"Shh. Belle, please," Mr Gold said.

The twins, David, Mary Margaret arrived in the squad car as Nadia arrived in her car with Athena. David and Nadia got out and rushed to Mr Gold and Belle as Emma and Mary Margaret trailed behind, while Athena looked around the scene and Elias radioed for more assistance.

"I'm at the town line. Two people down, maybe three," Elias looked at the crashed car, "There's a car pretty banged up with Pennsylvania plates," Elias said.

"What's going on?" David asked Mr Gold.

"She crossed over the town line. She doesn't remember," Mr Gold said in a panic.

Athena found the now alert pirate on the side of the road, and he looked at her, "Hello again, beautiful. Here I didn't think you'd-," Athena knelt down and pushed on his chest, "Notice! Ahh!" Captain Hook yelled out in pain.

"Sounds like broken ribs," Elias said as he approached them.

"That must be why it hurts when I laugh. Did you see his face? His one true love gone in an instant!" Mr Gold turned to the pirate at the sound of his words, "Just like Milah, crocodile," Mr Gold made his way over to the pirate, "When you took her from me!" Captain Hook said.

"But you took her first!" Mr Gold said and lunged at him, digging his cane into Captain Hook's neck.

"Gold!" Nadia said as she stood up and flicked her wrist, sending Gold flying backwards into David.

"Why'd you do that?!" Mr Gold asked.

"You don't want Belle to see you do that!" Nadia said.

"I'm a stranger to her," Mr Gold said.

"Murder's a bad first impression," Emma said.

"What would Belle want you to do?" David asked and Mr Gold just shrugged David off him

An ambulance arrived to the scene and Elias turned, "Over here!" David said.

The paramedics headed to the captain first, "No! Her!" Elias pointed to the car, "Take care of her, he can wait," Elias said.

"Elias?" Athena said.

"There's someone in there," Elias said.

"Stay. I'll be right back," Mary Margaret said to Belle and she, Emma, Athena and Nadia walked over to Elias as they watched the paramedics look over the unconscious driver.

"Do you know this girl?" Emma asked.

"I've never seen her before," Mary Margaret said.

"That's because she drove into town," Nadia said.

"From the outside?" Athena and David questioned.

"Looks like the world just came to Storybrooke," Elias said as he looked towards the town line and back at the unconscious driver.