FORTY THREE

(CHAPTER 43 - AND STRAIGHT ON 'TIL MORNING)

🦢🗡

Flashback: Neverland

On the Jolly Roger, Captain Hook was stood on deck, looking at a photo of Milah, when Mr Smee walked up to him, "Milah was quite beautiful, wasn't she? Don't worry, Captain. You'll avenge her. No matter what it takes, I know you'll find a way to kill Rumplestiltskin," Mr Smee said.

"Mr Smee, what news of the day's catch? The girl we yanked from the sea," Captain Hook said.

"She's still asleep. A bit waterlogged and smells like catfish, but she'll live," Mr Smee said.

"Where do you suppose she came from? There aren't many other ships in this area, and her clothes are certainly not of this land," Captain Hook said.

"What if the girl belongs to him? It's not just boys he kidnaps from the other world. I'd bet my rations on it," Mr Smee said.

"Indeed, but could we be so lucky?" Captain Hook said.

"Lucky? He'll be looking for us. He knows this land better than we do," Mr Smee said.

"Mr Smee, are you not a connoisseur of rare and valuable objects? If we return the girl to him, it could be the very key to our survival in Neverland," Captain Hook said.

----------<3----------

Below deck, Seraphina had finally woken up, when Captain Hook entered, "Ahoy there," she looked at him, "Aren't you lucky to be alive?" He said.

"Lucky? I'm a prisoner of pirates in a land cursed with magic," Seraphina said.

"Well, most children think they've found paradise when they lay their eyes on Neverland's magic

"Well, most children think they've found paradise when they lay their eyes on Neverland's magic. Why else leave home in the first place?" Captain Hook asked.

"I came so a family I loved could live," Seraphina said.

"Well, aren't you quite the hero?" Captain Hook said.

"What would you know about that? Pirate," Seraphina said.

"A pirate saved your scrawny bones from the curse of the mermaids," Captain Hook said.

"A pirate killed my mother and tore apart my family," Seraphina said.

"What about your father?" Captain Hook asked.