FORTY ONE

(CHAPTER 41 - SECOND STAR TO THE RIGHT)

🦢🗡

Flashback: London, England - 19th Century

In nineteenth-century London, England, a green portal opened up and Seraphina fell through, and she looked around at her new surroundings.

"Papa? Papa? Papa!" Seraphina called out.

As she stood up, a horse-drawn carriage rode her way, "Out of the road!" A man shouted.

Seraphina let out of the way as the carriage rode past, and she noticed a sign which read Kingston Gardens, "What is this place?" Seraphina asked as she looked around.

----------<3----------

Six months have passed and Seraphina was now living on the streets, cold and hungry. She walked along a street and noticed an open window of a wealthy family's home. She snuck over and climbed through the window, finding a table with several loaves of bread. Seraphina walked over and began to eat the bread, when a dog started barking from under the table as a girl entered the room.

"Stop!" she grabbed a heavy object, "Who are you? What do you want?" She asked her.

"Please, I don't mean any harm. I was just..." Seraphina said and dropped a loaf of bread.

"Oh..." she put the object down, "You're hungry," she handed her a tray of bread, "Here, take as much as you like," She said.

"Really?" Seraphina said, surprised.

She laughed softly, "Well, I'm not about to let you starve to death. What's your name?" She asked.

"Ser," Seraphina said.

"Ser? How unusual. I'm Wendy, Wendy Darling," She said and Seraphina smiled at her.

 I'm Wendy, Wendy Darling," She said and Seraphina smiled at her

End of Flashback

In the Bed and Breakfast, Alana woke up alone in bed and turned to see Theo putting on his shoes, "How about you sleep in just this once?" Alana suggested.

"The marathon's in three weeks. I have to train," Theo said.

Alana sat up, taking hold of his hand, "Come back to bed. I'll give you a workout," She said.

He smiled and kissed her head, "I'll see you later," Theo said.

"Okay, bye," Alana said and Theo left.