TWENTY SEVEN

(CHAPTER 27 - MANHATTAN)

🦢🗡

Flashback

Milah was sat in her home weaving, when she heard a human Rumplestiltskin's voice echo from just outside, "Milah?" he entered the house, "Milah," Rumplestiltskin said.

"I'm nearly finished," Milah said.

"Oh, you learn quickly," Rumplestiltskin said as he approached her.

"I have a good teacher," she smiled and they shared a kiss, "What is it? What brings you home so early?" Milah asked him.

"Milah...my weaving days are behind us. I've been called to the front," Rumplestiltskin said and showed her a letter, reading 'Rumplestiltskin, you have been drafted into the king's army'.

Milah's expression became shocked, "The ogres war," She said.

"I report for training in the morning," Rumplestiltskin said.

"No," she looked up at him, "Rumple, I've heard the stories. The front, it's a brutal place," Milah said.

"Oh, Milah, I...I know, and I can't say I won't be frightened. But this is the chance I've been waiting for. All my life. You know, I've lived under the shadow of my father's actions for far too long now," Rumplestiltskin said.

"Just because you father was a coward doesn't mean you are," Milah said.

"Oh, I know that, as do you. But to the world? Fighting in this war finally gives me the chance to prove that to everyone else," Rumplestiltskin said.

Milah looked at him tearfully and nodded, "Go, be brave. Fight honorably," She said.

"Oh, God, I love you," Rumplestiltskin said.

"I love you, too. When you return, we can live the life we've always dreamed of. We can have a family," Milah said.

"A family," Rumplestiltskin said with a smile.

End of Flashback

New York...

The twins, Henry and Mr Gold arrived in front of an apartment building, via taxi and they all got out, looking at the building in front of them.

Emma looked at Mr Gold, "What's wrong? This the right place?" She asked.

"Yes, it is," Mr Gold said.

"Let me guess, she isn't expecting you?" Mr Gold remained silent, "Well, who doesn't love a surprise?" Elias said and they entered the building.

Storybrooke...

Inside the Regina's house, she was sat in her room, attempting to hide her tears when Cora walked out of the bathroom, dressed in one of Regina's pantsuits and noticed her tears.

"What is it, sweetie?" Cora asked as she sat beside her.

"It's Henry. Elias left town with Emma and Gold, and he took Henry with him," Regina said.