11 -Mitch

"I just really want to apologize to you for blowing you off so much..." Scott said as he was writing the check for the food we ordered. And the wine. You can't forget the wine.

I smiled at him as I picked up my glass and brought the red liquid within to my lips. "It's okay. I've been a clingy little bitch lately."

"No, you haven't. It's all my fault. I let other things get in the way of our friendship." He set the check on the edge of the table for our waiter to collect.

Friendship.

"Really. It's alright. I...I just worry about you. And I want to know where you are, in case you have a stroke and die." He and I laughed softly to ourselves, trying our best not to cause attention.

"I know. And I'll try harder. I promise, Mitchie," he said, meeting my eyes. I smiled even wider.

No Alex. No distractions. No crazy people. It's just us. Sitting alone, in a restaurant...alone.

I usually use that word in a negative way.

"I'm gonna hold you to that," I say, poking his shoulder from across the table. He pretended to look hurt, but then his face softened again.

"Good. I'm just glad that we're talking to each other again."

"I'm just glad that-" as soon as I started to talk, Scott's phone began to ring. He winced, and I closed my mouth and pouted.

"Shit," he said under his breath. I was expecting him to answer, but he surprised me. He turned his phone off, and slid it back into his pocket.

"You gonna answer that?" I asked, slightly speechless. With a slight smile, he shook his head.

"I'll call him back." Alex-fucking-Xander.

"Well, let me turn mine off then." I liked that dinner because I got to think about Xander and his freaking out because he doesn't get his full attention for twenty seconds.

Wait...was this a date?

-