Ch. 8 Ouroboros

Scott went running through the woods frantically in search of Liam, Danielle, and Hayden. Malia chased after him. But she only found him when he howled. He was at the lookout point, the one place you can see the entire town. "There's no scent, no tracks, nothing to find them." He said.

 "But Liam can still howl back right?" Malia asked. 

"Only if he heard me." Scott said.

~

Kira was walking alone in the middle of the night, also in the middle of the road. A deputy finally found her when she was walking by mile marker 115. "Hi there. You doing okay?" Deputy Romero, Hayden's sister, asked. 

Kira looked around like she only just realized where she was. "Something- something happened here." Kira said. 

"Cars usually happen here, and very fast. So it might be a good idea to at least step out of the middle of the road. How about I give you a ride home? That sound like a good idea?" Romero asked. 

Kira started walking forward but stopped. "I think I came here to remember something." She said. 

"That's fair, but considering how late it is I think your parents are going to be a little worried about you. Come on." Romero said. She lead her to the car and opened the back door. She picked up a pair of hand cuffs, one was already cuffed to the seat, and put the other on Kira.

 "What are you doing?" Kira asked. 

"This is deputy Romero, I've got the suspect, I'm bringing her in." She said to her radio. 

Earlier that night, Mellissa came home to find the body of a dead female chimera on the counter. Kira's sword was sticking out of it. Even before that, Kira had gone missing from her house and left acupuncture needles in her head board that spelled out 115.

~

Liam was watching the Dread Doctors work on Hayden and suddenly an alarm started to go off. The alarm woke Danielle. "Where the he*l are we?!" She exclaimed, trying to look around while her mind went into high alert and started rushing adrenaline through her body. She was breathing heavily and put her hands around the chain on her neck trying to take it off. But the magnets were too strong. 

The Pathologist went up to the tall case next to Liam. Inside was a full grown person floating in green liquid and wearing a breathing mask over its face. The Pathologist injected something through a tube and the alarm stopped. The other two stayed by Hayden, examining her. "Her condition worsens." The Surgeon said. 

"Stop! Get away from her!" Liam yelled and started to use all his strength to get up from the floor. He roared and the Pathologist kicked him to knock him out again. 

"Liam!" Both Danielle and Hayden screamed. Danielle lurched forward, forcing against her bindings, and felt herself come off from the wall but only for a moment before she was pulled back by the force of the magnet.

After the Dread Doctors were done with Hayden, they threw her on the floor next to Liam. "Hayden." Liam said inching closer to her. "Is she alright? Hayden, are you alright?!" Danielle called out because she was further from the two of them. 

"It hurts." Hayden whimpered, looking down at a wound on her side. 

"Guys!" Danielle called out wanting to know if Hayden was okay.

"She's hurt!" Liam shouted to her. "Give me your hand." He told Hayden. She placed her hand in his. "It's a thing that Scott does. He can take away the pain. I've never done it before but I can try." He explained. He tried to concentrate but he doesn't know how to take pain. "I'm sorry." He apologized and let go of her hand.