Ch. 18 Maid of Gevaudan

Hayden and Danielle helped carry Liam into the school. The led him into and empty classroom. "The desk! The desk!" Danielle called out quickly, letting go of Liam and throwing everything off of the teacher's desk. The two of them laid Liam on top of it while Liam cried out in pain.

 "Liam?" Hayden asked in a worried panic. 

"I'm okay. I'm fine!" Liam said through the pain. Hayden and Danielle both tried to rip away Liam's bloody shirt. "Is it bad?" Liam asked.

 "No." Hayden lied. "Very." Danielle spoke truthfully at the same time. 

"Okay. Okay. What do you guys usually do when this happens?" Hayden asked. 

"Scott can take away some of the pain which allows him to start healing." Danielle said. 

"Take away the pain." Hayden whispered to herself. She leaned forward and kissed Liam. It had worked once before when Liam kissed her. The pain transferred from Liam to Hayden and his breathing evened out.

Scott was fighting The Beast in the school while everyone was still trying to leave. He lead it all the way to the library where he saw a lot of people hiding. "Go upstairs." He whispered just loud enough for them to hear. They did what he said and quickly scurried up. Moments later, The Beast came into the room, roaring. Scott roared too and hoped that people would think the two roars were the same. The Beast tossed him all around the library. Scott tried to fight back but every time he got a hit in he would just get thrown again. He was thrown into the steps where he died once before. He was not about to let it happen again. Then, behind The Beast, he saw Liam jump up prepared to hit The Beast. Scott dove out of the way as Liam landed a punch straight across The Beast's face. Gun shots were heard and it was Braeden. She fired continuously at The Beast but it didn't seem to injure it. The Beast turned to the large, two story window and jumped through it. 

Malia and Liam helped Scott up. "You didn't seriously think you were gonna have a chance against that thing did you?" Braeden asked. 

"No. But I got it's scent." Scott said.

~

Scott started running, racing to follow the scent of The Beast. "Scott, slow down! You're hurt!" Liam called out. Scott didn't listen and kept going to the student parking lot. He stopped at one of the cars and pried open the trunk. Inside was only a pair of shoes. Scott picked one up and saw the bloody sole. 

He closed the trunk and saw Mason with his jaw dropped. "Scott? What are you doing to my car?" He asked. 

"It's you." Scott realized. 

"What? Liam, what's he talking about?" Mason asked. Liam didn't answer him. "Liam?" Mason asked. 

Then Corey became visible from hiding on a car and grabbed Mason by the shoulders. 

"Corey, wait!" Scott shouted but Corey turned around and became invisible again leaving with Mason

"Corey, wait!" Scott shouted but Corey turned around and became invisible again leaving with Mason. "Corey!"