Ch. 3 Dreamcatchers

Danielle, Stiles, and Scott were at the sheriff's station because Noah was getting ready for a date. "I should of gotten a hair cut." Noah worried, looking at himself in a hand mirror.

"Well, you know, someone your age should be happy that you still have hair to cut." Stiles said.

 "Really Stiles?" Danielle asked. 

"I think you look great." Scott said. 

"Thank you, son I should of had." Noah said.

"I wouldn't mind Scott as my brother." Danielle said.

"What the he*l am I doing? This is a terrible idea." Noah said, loosening his tie. 

"Dad, it's one date." Danielle said. 

"The town of Beacon Hills won't implode while you're out with one woman. Or man." Stiles said.

 "It's a woman Stiles." Noah said.

 "Okay." Stiles said. 

"A very beautiful woman." Noah said. 

"What beautiful woman by the way?" Danielle asked. 

"None of your business. None of you." Noah said. 

"I wanna know." Stiles said.

 Then they heard someone shout from outside. "Stilinski!" A male voice shouted. Everyone opened the door to see an arrestee named Donovan on his way to trial. "I'm gonna kill you." He said. 

"Donovan, if you think that shocks me, remember it was well documented in your anger expression inventory. Deputies, escort the prisoner out." Noah said. 

"I'm not angry like I'm gonna throw a brick through your window. I'm angry like I'm gonna find you, I'm gonna get a knife, and I'm gonna stab you with it until you're dead. And when you look at me and you ask me why, remember right now, because this is why." Donovan said. Silence fell after that. 

"Wow, that was awesome." Stiles said sarcastically. "That was awesome, that was great. Can we do one more? Give us another one, maybe like Christopher Walken this time?" He continued to be sarcastic because Donovan was getting him worked up. "Okay, you know what, it's fine. You'll have plenty of time to work on it when you're in a tiny little cell, you know. Just stuck there, forever." He said. Donovan wasn't having it either. He tried to lunge at Stiles but Parrish and another deputy, Romero, had his arms. Scott had stepped forward but Noah held him back. 

"Get him outta here!" Noah yelled. Parrish and Romero led him out. 

"What's an anger expression inventory?" Scott asked. 

"It's a test you take when you're applying to become a deputy." Stiles said. 

"That guy wanted to be a cop?!" Scott asked. 

"Yeah. I'm glad he isn't." Danielle said. 

"At least now he's getting the full law enforcement experience." Stiles said. This wasn't the first run-in with Donovan and, frankly, Danielle believed it wouldn't be the last.

When they tried to leave the station, the Jeep wouldn't start. "It's anxiety." Stiles spoke up.

 "What is?" Scott asked. 

"The chemosignals. I'm well aware of how you all monitor my emotional state." Stiles said. When he tried the key again and it didn't work he hit his hand on the wheel and Danielle flinched in surprise. 

"You okay?" Scott asked. 

Stiles hesitated before answering. "Alright," he reached into his pocket and took out his phone, "I got this from Braeden a few hours ago." He said handing his phone to Scott. "That's the first real bit of information we've gotten on the desert wolf in months." He said.