3.

Burning some incense in my corner of the room, I'm sat cross legged on my freshly made bed doing some advanced protection and banishing spells for my jewelry and altar

There is some seriously tense energy in this dorm right now involving Enid and Wednesday's differing opinions and I don't want my crystals to go all wonky on me because of it.

The two girls are currently having a showdown because Wednesday wants peace and quiet for her writing time and Enid wants to listen to her hyper pop and dance instead.

It doesn't help that when Enid was gone Wednesday took down half of Enid's colored window display, and now the two are at each others throats over this.

"Turn that off. This is your final warning..." Wednesday comes up to Enid while she dances looking like she means business.

"Don't mess with me. This kitty's got claws and I'm not afraid to use them." Enid bites back as she shows off her long and sharp retractable claws.

At that very moment, the dorm door swings open and a smiling lady steps in cradling two flowers in her arms.

My obsidian necklace heats in my hand as my eyes focus on her, and I hiss in pain as I drop it onto the comforter. I must've done the protection spell wrong or something.

"Good evening girls! Sorry about the mud, wanted to make sure that Wednesday and Violet were settling in..." the lady notices the hostile square-down between Enid and Wednesday and raises her eyebrows apprehensively.

"Is this a bad time? I'm miss Thornhill, your dorm mom. Apologies I wasn't here to greet you when you both arrived, I trust Enid has given you the ol' Nevermore welcome."  I nod dutifully as I get up from my bed and walk over to the group, while Lucy remains content to perch up on the bookshelves and observe.

"She's been smothering us with hospitality, I hope to return the favor... in her sleep." Wednesday replies monotonously, earning a glare from Enid as miss Thornhill steps closer.

"Well... here's a little welcome gift from my conservatory. I try to match the right flower to each of my girls-" the woman holds out a potted plant for me to take and I smile at her appreciatively as I recognize the flower immediately.

"A violet for Violet, and-"

"A black dahlia." Wednesday interrupts as miss Thornhill gives her a potted plant of her own.

"Oh, you know it?"

"Of course, it's named after my favorite unsolved murder. Thank you." Wednesday replies and my eyes widen at her rare kind words to the professor.

"Okie dokie, well before I leave I want to go over a few house rules. Lights off at ten, no loud music and no boys... ever." She tells us and I widen my eyes at her scary tone at the end.

"What's the story about going into the local town?" Wednesday asks curiously, folding her arms behind her back.

"And the forest?" I add, tilting my head to the side as I listen.