6.

The rest of the weekend was a blur of resting in my comfy dorm bed and recuperating from the strange incident at the harvest festival

I've been having trouble remembering the details of the fight after that nasty head injury, but Wednesday insists that a monster killed Rowan after I passed out.

I want to shake off her theory like the rest of the school has, but if I try to focus hard enough I start to remember glimpses of a large dark figure and the echoes of Rowan's screams.  She can't be making that up.

And then there's the fact that Rowan was found seemingly unharmed the next day.  I don't know how he managed to survive, so I've been looking through my book of necromancy for some sort of explanation.

"I don't know how he did it, injuries like that should've killed him for sure." I mutter out in disbelief as I'm sat in the grass near the lake taking in the fresh  air.

Enid is next to me painting her team's boat for the Poe Cup, and Wednesday is stood behind me listening to the conversation with a furrowed brow.

"There must be some sort of coverup. I refuse to play the role of a pawn in someone else's corrupt game." Wednesday crosses her arms stubbornly and Enid snorts, looking up from her painting.

"You mean Rowan?" The blonde asks, already tired of hearing this topic.

"We witnessed his murder Enid." Wednesday reminds her, but Enid just sighs softly.

"It's just, we all saw him this morning very much like- not dead?" Enid reminds and Wednesday's scowl deepens in thought.

"I know, which leads me to believe I'm losing my mind. It's not nearly as fun as I'd anticipated." Wednesday sighs in defeat and I snort at her dramatic words.

"That would make me crazy too, at least we'd get to go to the same psych ward." I joke, looking up from my book with a sarcastic grin earning a whisper of a laugh from Wednesday.

"You're Nevermore's gossip queen, what's Rowan's story?" Wednesday chances the subject, going back to the mystery of Rowan's not-death.

"Other than being a weird loner? No offense..." Enid cringes as the words come out of her mouth, but Wednesday doesn't care at all.

"None taken." Wednesday urges her to continue and the blonde resumes her gossip.

"Xavier Thorpe's roommate. Y'know if you had a cellphone you could just text him and ask him." The mention of the familiar name causes my ears to prick up, and I glance up from my book once again.

"Yoko, come on! Flare those whiskers, the Poe Cup droops for no one." Enid interrupts the convo to yell at her teammates about the painting design. She really is a tyrant when it comes to this.